Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing to Smart?

• 24-06-2006 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

At the moment I have Eircom with the 1mg download speed, we are paying €30 a month just for the broadband. I was looking at the Smart website and it is offering broadband at 3mb for €35 a month including line rental. If I want to change to smart, do I have to change my phone number? What else would be involved in the change?

When I went to check my line, I got this message:
    Your phone number 4690XXXXX is serviced by the NAVAN exchange.
    This exchange is on the Smart Broadband Network Build Programme for 2006.
    We currently have no valid data for this phone line.
    You may sign up for service but if you do so beware that you may experience a degraded service if your phone line is not broadband capable.

Please note that you will need your Eircom Account Number, bank details, and must agree to change your phone number to proceed with your Smart Broadband order.

Ok, so will I have to wait another while before Navan is up and running? Now just saying all goes to all and I decide to get Smart, will it only cost me €35 a month, no extra?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

From my own experience with switching to Smart... no, I haven't noticed any hidden charges or setup fees, just the 35 a month for broadband then the additional charges whatever phone calls you made... I can confirm that line rental is free if you're within the first x number of subscribers. :)
    tbh though, I'd contact Smart directly for pre-sales questions, straight from the horses mouth etc.
    Plenty of questions answered over at http://support.smarttelecom.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

From my own experience with switching to Smart... no, I haven't noticed any hidden charges or setup fees, just the 35 a month for broadband then the additional charges whatever phone calls you made... I can confirm that line rental is free if you're within the first x number of subscribers. :)
    tbh though, I'd contact Smart directly for pre-sales questions, straight from the horses mouth etc.
    Plenty of questions answered over at http://support.smarttelecom.ie/

Cheers I will take a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

DBG - Don't hold your breath on Smart enabling Navan in the foreseeable future, I'm in Mullingar and registered my interest in getting BB from Smart last April or May (2005 that is!) Everytime I call since then I get the same phrase "It's in our build programme for this year", it seems that every exchange in the country is in the build programme. Whether the work is done is an entirely different matter. I have just about given up on the chances of every getting Smart BB!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Do-more wrote:
    DBG - Don't hold your breath on Smart enabling Navan in the foreseeable future, I'm in Mullingar and registered my interest in getting BB from Smart last April or May (2005 that is!) Everytime I call since then I get the same phrase "It's in our build programme for this year", it seems that every exchange in the country is in the build programme. Whether the work is done is an entirely different matter. I have just about given up on the chances of every getting Smart BB!

I hope they do have Navan up and running. I can't stick €ircon anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Fow what it's worth, Smart seem to be very coy about releasing updated information on the Navan Exchange. The question has been posed at lease four times over on Smart's own Support forum, but no answer has been forthcoming. http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I'm also interested in some broadband in Navan.

1meg seems good to me. Is Eircom only one available.

I am in Johnstown area.

Kev.

Advertisement