Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyshannon Bridge

Options
  • 24-06-2006 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

Where the new bypass was built in Ballyshannon and crosses the River Erne, was a new footbridge also built there making it possible to walk from College Rd over to the Enniskillen Rd, or was only a new bridge for traffic built?

Just wondered...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

theres a footpath underneath it noticed it a couple of days ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭zoe

Thanks for that..!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Greetings from Ballyshannon... the railings on the footbridge have been taken away... It never did open at all... there were complaints that the railings were too low and that with all the schoolkids crossing it could have been dangerous. Contracts said that the railings were the correct eu safety height (1.2 meters) but i guess there has been a rethink.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

its been that long since i have been in ballyshannon, i only know the old bridge.

Where is the new one, from the look of beetlebrox's pics it seems to be out the bellek rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

not sure of the name of the roads or anything cause anytime i'm there it's with the fun fair but it's pretty much right beside the dam. and if memory serves me right (which i doubt with this hangover but anyway) they built the whole road/bypass from scratch

btw sorry for that terrible description

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yup, as dannie says, it's not far from the St Catherines Falls dam. A lot of work went into that new bridge alone.

If only they'd sort out that walkway now....

Advertisement