Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shels-Vetra Intertoto Saturday 7pm

• 24-06-2006 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭

First round second leg tonight in Tolka with the Reds a goal up from the first leg. Should be interesting with the Lithuanians needing to come out and play and it will only take one mistake from the Reds for that away goal to be negated.

In saying that I expect us to advance comfortably.

Winners play Odense of Denmark in the semis.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

2 nil to Shels hopefully :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Shels shouldnt have any real problems progressing tonight. 2-0 win I think. Their European experience will come through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

For all you Shelshaters out there, PP are apparently offering Vetra at 6/1. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Zebra3 wrote:
    For all you Shelshaters out there, PP are apparently offering Vetra at 6/1. :eek:

And i took it and added Mexico to it at 7-1.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

No idea what this Vetra team are like, but Shels experience in Europe over the last few seasons should stand to them. 2-0 to Shels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Final score: Shels 4-0 Vetra (5-0 on agg)

Vetra had three men sent off! :eek:

Final score: Shels 4-0 Vetra (5-0 on agg)

Vetra had three men sent off! :eek:

1 after 4 minutes?

Wtf happened?

maybe someone here is a shels fan and actually went to a game and will give a match report.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    maybe someone here is a shels fan and actually went to a game and will give a match report.

kdjac

Ooh, hark at her...

You joining the rest of the junkies travelling to Tolka on Tuesday? See you there...;)

Ooh, hark at her...

You joining the rest of the junkies travelling to Tolka on Tuesday? See you there...;)

Odd posting when your team is playing, the wifi must be great in tolka.

/zing?

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Odd posting when your team is playing, the wifi must be great in tolka.

/zing?

Finished work @ 7.30pm, would have been lucky to get the last half hour if I'd gone.

Some of us have to earn a living, we can't all sign on and hang around the needle exchange until the gates open at Richer...

/zing to infinity!!!!

;)

• Advertisement

Finished work @ 7.30pm, would have been lucky to get the last half hour if I'd gone.

Some of us have to earn a living, we can't all sign on and hang around the needle exchange until the gates open at Richer...

/zing to infinity!!!!

;)

I took the world cup off, man your job must suck if you have to work during matches man that would suck....i mean like there are games on and your working and im at home drinking beer and going WOOHOO fooltball. And then to top it off you miss your team playing

Wow Spar must be busy.....

/Zing x2

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaC wrote:

Not too bad tonight actually, though like Vetra we were a man down quite early on. :o

Roll on Odense, Mads Timm and all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Shown how much the league has improved that Shels winning both ties in a Euro fixture isnt a big deal.

Well done Shels.

KdjaC wrote:
    1 after 4 minutes?

Wtf happened?

First sending off was a professional foul on Crowe. No questions asked.

Other two red cars were so stupid-and fully deserved. Players already on yellows committing yellow card fouls in the middle of the park. The second sending off was so funny-unless you're Alan Reynolds. One of the Vetra players ploughed through him and left him in agony. The Vetra player then realising he was already on a card ran to the ref shouting "Sorry, sorry!". :D Adios sunshine.

May seem strange to 'only' score four, but they simply put everyone behind the ball.

4-0 is also the joint biggest win in a leg for a LoI team in Europe ever.
    KdjaC wrote:

I knew some Shelshating sucker would take it. Having been over in Vilnius last week, we were a shoe-in tonight even if they'd played with twenty-two.

As the Septics say, have a nice day. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Any of the Shels fans on here get a program? Apparently I was in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I did and yes you were in it,with a big snake wrapped around you :eek:

KdjaC wrote:

Full of Pats fans looking for tinfoil buuuuuuuuuuud...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Such a strange game to be at... I think I can best sum up the atmosphere at tolka as "bemused" !!

Vetra's indiscipline was shocking, one of them even shoved the ref.

Shown how much the league has improved that Shels winning both ties in a Euro fixture isnt a big deal.

Well done Shels.

Well, we've come a long way from teams (coughs and looks Inchicore way ;) ) since teams have got thumped 10-0 by Moldovan nobodies. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

Drinks are on you tonight so :o:p

Easily the funniest match I've ever attended. It was just....Odd. And Shels didn't even have to break a sweat or play near their best.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote:
    Well, we've come a long way from teams (coughs and looks Inchicore way ;) ) since teams have got thumped 10-0 by Moldovan nobodies. :D

Chukwu.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Odense only started pre-season on Wednesday or something, so perhaps we can do a job over there. Having them away first is certainly a big help.

Last night, well. Where to start? What a spectacle! Their discipline was insane, absolutely insane! The first red card after 3 minutes was when Crowe broke free and was literally wrestled to the ground by the recovering last man just outside the box! They must have got about 10 card in all, most of them for very bad tackles. Jumping recklessly into mad challenges, lunging all over the place. There were several tackles that were very lucky no player was on the end of, jumping two footed from miles away at them - however, watching Boddy Dazzler dancing past them was great craic! ;)

As for the Shelbourne performance, unconvincing to be honest. Could, nay should, have been many many more goals. To be honest, it was like watching Arsenal sometimes - dancing with the ball around the box, but the final ball in wasn't great, or just taking to long to build up and losing momentum. It was a training exercise more than anything, even saw Alan Reynolds having a pop from 25/30 yards! Most players were just out there having fun, which was good to see, but will need to up it a gear against Odense! Well, I'm smiling about it all anyways! :)

Advertisement