Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cooking a turkey?

• 24-06-2006 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

Its the biggest turkey i've ever seen, its 27kilos....how long in the oven does it need? i need help people...please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

27 kilos? That sounds more like an ostrich! Are you sure it isn't 27 lbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

27 kilos!! thats massive! buffybot u must be right its got to be an ostrich!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

ok, i meant to say 27 lbs, it was my mother who said it was 27 kilos, i wrote it without even questioning it....oops! sorry guys, anyway, its in the oven now..

20 mins per pound plus 20 mins right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If it's unstuffed, I'd say you're looking at 5 - 5.5 hours, stuffed add another 15 - 20 minutes on!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

and be careful w/ te legs and wings. the mother usually puts extra squares of tinfoil on them so they're less likely to burn as badly.

(the mother refuses to let me cook the turkey for some reason)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Try removing the legs and wings and cooking them seperately, just roast the crown on its own it makes life easier and also oven space isn't as limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Thanks for all the help guys!
    Turkey done and ready to eat....yum yum pigs bum.

Advertisement