Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can't be pinged

Options
  • 24-06-2006 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

First off, not sure this is the correct board but here goes.

I'm trying to set up a game of civ4 over the internet, but can't connect. I've discovered that my friend can't ping me from the command prompt, he can ping other sites. I can ping him no problem. I've otherwise no connectivity problems.

Is there anything that could be causing this? I've got my firewall disabled if that makes a difference. I'm on Eircom broadband, connecting through Netopia router.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

trying going to your router page, 192.168.1.254 for eircom I think and reducing the built in firewall security level to low. Its probably at medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

elvis2002 wrote:
    trying going to your router page, 192.168.1.254 for eircom I think and reducing the built in firewall security level to low. Its probably at medium.

It was and i've changed it, hopefully that'll work, except its 04:15 and I can't test it because many humans sleep during the night.

Thanks elvis!

Advertisement