Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i download vs2003.net prerequisites ??

Options
  • 24-06-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am installing visual studio 2003 on my pc at home, it is asking me to insert the prerequisites disc which i left in work by mistake. Can i download it from the microsoft site or somewhere else ?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Microsoft rarely give out their discs online. You might find it online but it wont be legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually they gave out a free version "Express edition" on MSDN some time back. Although I am not sure you can still get it.

You could always go to work? Or just wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

You can get the Visual Studio 2005 Express editions from MS for free here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

IIRC, the 'prerequisites' for VS2003 were basically things like having the latest service pack for your OS (ie Win2000 SP4 or WinXP SP2), an up to date version of IE (I think 5.5 up is ok), maybe the latest release of DAO (I think MSDAO 2.8), all these can be downloaded seperately from microsoft.

edit: also installing the J# runtime is a prerequisite, altough there are workarounds if your google them, it's probably easy to just install it.

Advertisement