Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Need Dublin info

Options
  • 24-06-2006 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I live in Boston and just had a close relative die in Dublin (Drumcondra). Here we send flowers to the funeral home for the wake. Is that what you do in Ireland? Or should we send flowers to the house instead? Or is there another tradition or something else we should do?? They called and told us not to come and I dont want to call back with these questions.

Also here we usually find out about the wake and funeral arrangements from the newspaper beforehand. Is that the same..I could not find the name in the Irish Times. Is there another paper I could look in?

Thanks for any advice you could give me!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ihimss wrote:
    I live in Boston and just had a close relative die in Dublin (Drumcondra). Here we send flowers to the funeral home for the wake. Is that what you do in Ireland? Or should we send flowers to the house instead? Or is there another tradition or something else we should do?? They called and told us not to come and I dont want to call back with these questions.

Also here we usually find out about the wake and funeral arrangements from the newspaper beforehand. Is that the same..I could not find the name in the Irish Times. Is there another paper I could look in?

Thanks for any advice you could give me!!!

The most popular paper for death notices would be the Irish Independent. If you can contact the undertaker they would be able to answer most of your questions. (Sorry for your loss).

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/

Advertisement