Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD TV Advice

• 24-06-2006 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

I'm really sorry because i'm sure this must be the millionith "Is this a good LCD thread!"

But I'm thinking about getting the TV in the link below. Is there anything i'm missing? It says HDMI, what type of high definition is it ? 720i, 1080p

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a LCD around €1200 inc delivery?

http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/lcd-plasma-tv/lcd-tv-ab46/830373/-/Article.html?fillspace=1

Really appreciate any help I get.

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

Samsung and panasonics are getting great reviews out there at the moment and coming in at around the 1200 mark , if you check this link out you'll see that a lot of 32" LCD's are going for around 1200 .

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either the panasonic or the samsungs , they are both excellent makes , the samsungs are very popular on the boards here.

All these TV's have a resolution of 1366 x 768 which means it can only natively ( almost ! ) show 720 , however all will show a 1080 picture via internal scaling.
    Native 1080 screens are way beyond most peoples budget at the moment , ( 3-4K plus ) so are not that common.

Both makes here are supplying sets with 2 HDMI inputs , at least one component , and a PC input. So you wont be missing anything important.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10616

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Thanks alot Andy. Very helpful. I'm a big fan of Komplett, I'll take a look around their site

Advertisement