Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rammstein !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I am the key, you have the lock.

In, Out.

Deeper!

In, Out.

DEEPER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Its funny when you try to sing along in English alright.

MY HEART BURNS!

Great band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yeah - sucken Mein Teil...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Love them. Wonder if they'd ever play Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Couldn't see it happenin but I went to Cardiff to see them last year.
    There was feck all hassle and even if there had been, it would have been so worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Anybody any idea where to buy like their life album in Cork? Could not be bothered buying online and I've checked HMV & Virgin and they only have the newest album... Any small shop i might be missing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I reckon they'd fill the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 audtrikat

I've been a huge fan of Rammstein for a while now...have all the albums and dvds. Saw them February 2005 in the Brixton Academy - they were out of this world!!! It was great getting two albums released so close together but it looks like we'll be waiting a long while before we hear from them again!!!

Fav songs:
    Herzeleid : Du riechst so Gut
    Sehnsucht : Tier
    Live aus Berlin : Du Hast
    Mutter : Sonne
    Reise, Reise : Mein Teil
    Rosenrot : Te Quiero Puta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Degsy wrote:
    I reckon they'd fill the point.

Not really the problem. Sure they'd fill the Point, but with the restrictions the locals would put in place regarding their somewhat "unorthodox" live show, it wouldn't really be worth it. Certainly wouldn't be a Rammstein show. Slash got fined for smoking onstage there, I can't really see them being allowed to play with flamethrowers. :rolleyes:

Not really the problem. Sure they'd fill the Point, but with the restrictions the locals would put in place regarding their somewhat "unorthodox" live show, it wouldn't really be worth it. Certainly wouldn't be a Rammstein show. Slash got fined for smoking onstage there, I can't really see them being allowed to play with flamethrowers. :rolleyes:

Well the trick in that case is not to tell the locals what kind of act they are.Smoking is forbidden in public places nowadays,messing with flamethrowers the law is a bit hazy about..
    Have they ever applied to play here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

There's no tobacco in a pyrotechnics show ;)

I've seen pyrotechnics in the point before, granted not on a Rammstein scale but bearing in mind that at least one of the band (and I'm guessing several of their crew) are qualified pyrotechnicians, I can't see there being that much of a problem.

I would have imagined a Rammstein gig would pretty much have to be outdoors.

Rammstein in Marley Park perhaps? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Have only really heard Reise, Reise properly, but I really like their sound. Their lyrics aren't exactly Shakespeare, though! :)

When was the Live Aus Berlin DVD filmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i love rammstein but i've nothing much to add to this chat so i'll just recommend another german band called megaherz. very rammstein-ish. their album "5" is an absolute gem!

Degsy wrote:
    Well the trick in that case is not to tell the locals what kind of act they are.Smoking is forbidden in public places nowadays,messing with flamethrowers the law is a bit hazy about..
    Have they ever applied to play here?

By locals I meant MCD/Aiken, they'd never allow a show like Rammstein's. Also, John2: As fas as I know, they're all qualified, but still, Aiken letting Till fry his dummer onstage? Can't see it man.

By locals I meant MCD/Aiken, they'd never allow a show like Rammstein's. Also, John2: As fas as I know, they're all qualified, but still, Aiken letting Till fry his dummer onstage? Can't see it man.

MCD are a bunch of arrogant twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I'm sure they could make do without the pyrotechnics if they had to. It's supposed to be a concert, like, not a freakin' circus show. I used to listen to Sehnsucht when I was about 14. Not bad. It reminded me of violent computer games. Don't ask me why :confused:

I'm sure they could make do without the pyrotechnics if they had to. It's supposed to be a concert, like, not a freakin' circus show. I used to listen to Sehnsucht when I was about 14. Not bad. It reminded me of violent computer games. Don't ask me why :confused:

Yeah but check out the video for Feur Frei...imagine what it would be like without the fireworks..might as well have an accoustic version!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I'm not a mad Rammstein fan. Sure, the first few songs on Rosenrot are good, but they're not a band I could listen to non-stop. Having said that, if they play in Ireland, I'll be the first to buy a ticket.

If the show was organised it would get the go ahead.

I reckon the problem is a lack of demand.

• Advertisement

They'd fill the Point, the demand is there. Now what I really want to see is Rammstein play TBMC. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I'm currently on a strict diet of Rammstein and Bach in preparation for German College.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

i love rammstein but i've nothing much to add to this chat so i'll just recommend another german band called megaherz. very rammstein-ish. their album "5" is an absolute gem!

Picked that up on your recommendation and though I have only listened to it once I must say I am not disappointed :) Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

shnaek wrote:
    Picked that up on your recommendation and though I have only listened to it once I must say I am not disappointed :) Cheers.

:D
    thou ist welcomed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Lone Wolf

I'd love to see them play over here, saw them in Germany and they were fantastic. The pyrotechnics were brilliant but i couldn't see them working in the point might be a bit of a health and safety issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Dg101

Seht ihr mich?
    Versteht ihr mich?
    Fuhlt ihr mich?
    Hort ihr mich?
    Konnt ihr mich horen?

Rammstein uber alles :D

Lone Wolf wrote:
    I'd love to see them play over here, saw them in Germany and they were fantastic. The pyrotechnics were brilliant but i couldn't see them working in the point might be a bit of a health and safety issue.

"Mein gott in Himmel, ve haf set zee roof on feur again!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Big Rammstein fan here

When I was 15 I saw the video for sonne, Got the Mutter album that day, Hooked ever since.

Havent seen them live yet but its def on my list of life priorities, but I doubt we will see them play Ireland :(
    I tried to get friends into Rammstein but they all share the same opinion "Meh... They're ok"
    Have the Rammstein symbol Tattoo'd on my upper right arm :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

This is a bit of an old thread :p

Funny its coming up now actually. I was listening to them for the first time in ages yesterday.

• Advertisement

Yeah...well they do have a new album in the works.

Preliminary stages but it still puts them back at the foreground.

Advertisement