Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's wrong with this picture?

Options
  • 24-06-2006 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭

doggystyle0xm.jpg

;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

ffs some people - the poor dog although he does seem to be enjoying himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

The merc has its hazards on??:D ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Shutter speed too slow/out of focus/low contrast :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

The left bulb on the A6 is gone. Oh, and there's a dog in the open boot

• Registered Users Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Irish roads are so funny :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

At least the dog seems well trained enough not to jump out.

Of course things would get very messy if he did.

A pity the open boot makes it impossible to see the ****er's reg plate number. Otherwise you could have reported him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Is there anything illegal though?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Sure its better than him being locked in a hot boot.

Many dogs travel around in open pickups.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

maidhc wrote:
    Is there anything illegal though?

Yes - the registration plate must be visible at all times while in a public place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Squirrel wrote:
    The left bulb on the A6 is gone. Oh, and there's a dog in the open boot

I think thats the right indicator. The A6 is changing lanes. At least they decided to indicate. The only thing illegal is that number plate is not visible. It's the same as carrying a bike in the boot with the boot open. Most people have done that at some stage in their life.

That photo looks like it was takin from the drivers seat in a car moving at speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

He could argue that its visible to Artic drivers, and Michael Jordan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

$Leon$ wrote:

That photo looks like it was takin from the drivers seat in a car moving at speed.

;) Cheers, just won a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I followed a woman once whose child had opened the back door of her car and was hanging out,My heart was in my throat as I was trying to get her attention, luckily she noticed eventually, could have been very ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

not as ugly as your rodius......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Besides being utterly irresponsible and playing with the life of his dog, this idiot is also overtaking on a continous white line.

Bloody idiot ...personally I would have followed him and thumped him :mad:

I was wondering what was up with the right turn arrow on the road as I couldn't see any turn off in the picture. I'm guessing the car on the far right is obscuring it but if that's the case, it seems a little late to have the arrow. That and the grass shows no signs of interruption.

Actually due to the length of the exposure, you can just make out the area behind the car. Still can't see the turnoff :confused:

Edit: Ah I think I can see it. Yup, I thought initially that he might be making a legitimate turn-off but nope, he's overtaking on the continuous white line. I notice that's a common enough mistake that drivers make, they think that a momentary interruption in the white line to allow a turn-off allows them to overtake at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

The A6 was also well over that white line when the car on the right went by. hes also overtalking at a junction, I'd be expecting on of those cars in front to suddenly decided to turn right.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Man, talk about drawing attention to yourself. Doing the overtaking is bad enough, but with your dog hanging out the back its just taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Besides being utterly irresponsible and playing with the life of his dog, this idiot is also overtaking on a continous white line.

Would you ever get a life. You have to laugh at the amount of politically correct people in this motor forum section at times, every photo posted knobs that probably cant drive nails, study in detail to see what minor trivial things they can report and complain about. Sad way of living I reckon. That Audi lad mightnt have had far to go and the dog might be used to it and he was probably driving slow. And whats wrong with overtaking on a continous white line in the above photo where there are no on-coming vehicles and the Merc he is overtaking with the hazzards on is probably doing 30mph.

His bulb isnt gone to whatever ejit suggested it was.

Bloody idiot ...personally I would have followed him and thumped him
    No offense, but i`d say your 1 of them people that if you did catch up with him you wouldnt know what to do. Easy to sit at your wee pc and say what you would do but in the real world you`d do nothing. Sure the bloke would probably laugh at you.

• Advertisement

Nuttzy wrote:

Would you ever get a life. You have to laugh at the amount of politically correct people in this motor forum section at times, every photo posted knobs that probably cant drive nails, study in detail to see what minor trivial things they can report and complain about. Sad way of living I reckon. That Audi lad mightnt have had far to go and the dog might be used to it and he was probably driving slow. And whats wrong with overtaking on a continous white line in the above photo where there are no on-coming vehicles and the Merc he is overtaking with the hazzards on is probably doing 30mph.

Yeah sure, that's exactly what must be happening :rolleyes:

Besides, the OP's question was specifically "spot what you think is wrong with this picture". Just playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Actually, Nuttzy ...

I'm far less concerned about that idiots driving skills than the live and safety of his dog.

And yes, iIwould probably have followed him.
    And yes, you're right ...I probably wouldn't have thumped him ...but you're wrong in broadly assuming that I wouldn't know what to say or to do with an idiot like that ...wouldn't be the first time for me to deal with people like that.

How far he had to go or what the dog is or isn't used to is totally irrelevant. Behaviour like that is just disgustingly thoughtless and utterly irresponsible.

But that is a discussion for the animals forum ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Photographer is too close to car in front, unless of course a zoom was used;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

:D
    Yes - the registration plate must be visible at all times while in a public place.

Handy for the speed cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

dingding wrote:
    :D

Handy for the speed cameras.

Brilliant :D

Tbh, the dog looks well used to it.
    I know if I even tried that with my dog, the minute the car would move, he would try to hop out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

JustinOval wrote:
    doggystyle0xm.jpg

;)

the car behind (taking the pic) is too close to the cars in front
    :)

the car behind (taking the pic) is too close to the cars in front
    :)

Zoom lens? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

how about this for bad parking :-)

At least they haven't totally blocked the footpath - children can still get under. :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

how about this for bad parking :-)

Another picture taken from the drivers seat!!!

Advertisement