Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung HD Ready with Digital Tuner 419D

• 24-06-2006 6:52pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Saw this in Dixons today for €850.

Its got HDMI and is HD ready with 2 scarts.

Another plus is that its got digital freeview.

Budget wise it seems great.

Any one got one? Whats it like?

Read a review of it here but I would like to get some local opinions.

Also where is the best place to get it? €100 difference between here and the north

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

can you post a link to a web page with this TV's specs? as I cant find it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Smoggy wrote:
    can you post a link to a web page with this TV's specs? as I cant find it.

Specs here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

The OP mentions a HDMI socket on this TV , but no-where can I find a spec that says this , The TV currently does not exist on Samsungs website ,

http://www.samsung.com/products/tv/index.asp

can anyone post a link to a full specsheet for this TV .

Just to note : You cannot recieve HD content through a scart socket , and thats all that is mentioned on the specs from Currys and Dixons ,
    To be described as HD ready , it has to have at least one HDMI or Component input and these are not mentioned in the specs above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

The lads over on AVforums do not like this TV by the way , click on the link for reviews in the OP.
    All anyone seems to be bothered posting about it is the hassle they get of Curry's trying to return it.

From the posts , it does have a HDMI , but doesnt work properly with the sound , there is distortion of the picture in the corners of the TV ( Well its a CRT , that was always gonna happen!) and its really really heavy !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

andy1249 wrote:
    The lads over on AVforums do not like this TV by the way , click on the link for reviews in the OP.
    All anyone seems to be bothered posting about it is the hassle they get of Curry's trying to return it.

From the posts , it does have a HDMI , but doesnt work properly with the sound , there is distortion of the picture in the corners of the TV ( Well its a CRT , that was always gonna happen!) and its really really heavy !!

I wouldnt mind to much about the weight. It looked good in the Dixons shop I saw it in.

As said above there was distortion in the crt but that was expeceted.

If the HDMI port problem was fixed I think it looks like a good tv.

• Advertisement

andy1249 wrote:
    The OP mentions a HDMI socket on this TV , but no-where can I find a spec that says this , The TV currently does not exist on Samsungs website ,

Found this on the samsung web site today.

Gona get one myself as soon as I can afford it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

kearnsr wrote:
    Another plus is that its got digital freeview.
    Unless you can get crysal clear BBC/ITV from an aerial (Ie a set of rabbit ears or an antenna on your roof) then this is no use to you at the moment. When DTT trials start here it may become use (but again they may use a different system).

pH wrote:
    Unless you can get crysal clear BBC/ITV from an aerial (Ie a set of rabbit ears or an antenna on your roof) then this is no use to you at the moment. When DTT trials start here it may become use (but again they may use a different system).

It be more interested in using it with my xbox 360 plus ntl digital. Freeview would be a bonus

Advertisement