Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

Options
  • 24-06-2006 7:13pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Got GTA LCS yesterday for the PS2, not having played the PSP version and looking forward to revisiting Liberty City and Wow, this game sucks, the graphics are awful, the whole package feels cheap.
    It feels as if the last 6 years never happened for Rockstar, as the textures, shading, shadows seem as they were in GTAIII.
    Now I know this is a conversion from the PSP but one could have expected that if they were going to push another chapter of the GTA universe at us that they would have at least brought the game up to PS2 standards, current PS2 standards that is.
    I popped on Driver Parallel Lines just to see what can be done with the now aging hardware and that game plays and looks so much better, vehicles and characters looking far far better, missions are standard enough fare but done so well you don't mind.
    In fact the only thing I like about GTA over Driver PL is the mini map onscreen and the sense of humour, which was, in the main, missing from GTA SA anyway.
    While I grew to dislike GTA SA I couldn't believe how jaded this offering from Rockstar was.
    Despite its cheap price point, please avoid this pile of crap, just buy Driver PL instead, you should be able to pick it up 2nd hand by now for the same price, a much much better investment of your money imho.

Advertisement