Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    it all just seems to have been ignorant of the various improvements in PS2 software since GTA3 was released ... LCS seeming like cheapest cash in, the defintion of a lazy port.

LCS is not strictly speaking a PS2 game, it is a PSP game, which as you noted was ported. Looking back at the history of GTA when have they ever re-written any version from the ground up when porting to another platform? LCS doesn't make use of PS2 technology as it was written for the PSP. They ported a PS2 version because there was demand for it. Had they rewritten it as you seem to have wanted them to it would have taken much longer, and you would be shelling out €60 or whatever PS2 games go for these days instead of €20.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For the record however, pretty much mo one has been able to produce a decent GTA style game, True Crime, Driver3 and many others, all awful, even at its worst GTA was better than them all, so don;t assume I have a axe to gring here.
    And while others found the "black culture" of SA good I found it really boring, and this is from a guy who has an extensive collection of PE and Dre records, didn't find it engaging at all and it simply sprawled too much, anyway it is at the end of the day my own opinion, many of my mates loved the game, at least until San Fierro when they got bored and played something else instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought Gun played an awful lot better than the GTA games. Just a pity that it took 10 minutes to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I thought Gun played an awful lot better than the GTA games. Just a pity that it took 10 minutes to beat.

On foot yes but I wasn't too keen on the horseback gameplay. My favourite parts of GTA have always heavily involved the vehicles though, I think it's out of the car that there's the most room for improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Jakkass wrote:
    GTA LCS was a quick port over from the PSP thats it. GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas all use the same game engine. This shall be improved at the time of the GTA IV release. Rockstar have done a good job in order to give us good features and gameplay. It isnt all about graphics tbh.

for the record GTA3/LCS, VC and SA used renderware and GTA IV will use "RAGE" (rockstar advanced game engine, i think), a custom engine built for GTA. their test game for rage? table tennis on 360 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

evad_lhorg wrote:
    otherwise it would be called gta 6.

7: why does everyone forget london

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

4Xcut wrote:
    7: why does everyone forget london
    Because London was an add-on pack which you needed to own the original GTA in order to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Nehpets wrote:
    It goes GTA, GTA II, GTA: London, GTA III, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, GTA 4

GTA 4 will be a new engine. New game.

London was before 2.

And if i remember correctly the three different cities in GTA were LC,VC and SA.and then GTA London came out

So if you go by how they have done it with the last three games technically the next should be set in London,but thats just a theory

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Regarding Gun, I had far more fun in Rockstars own Red Dead Revolver, wonderful stuff, linear yes but it allowed for a tighter scripted story.

And have a feeling that sooner or later GTA will go International, I mean having taken in most of the US cities already, with Liberty City being a mix of New York, Phily and Chicago I can't wait to see, as you say London/Paris or better still Nice for all my Ronin fantasies, although Burnout 1 does most of that at the mo, oh yes, tearing through tunnels the wrong way in a high powered car, In wonder what the Port Tunneks policy will be on my Nissan Almera doing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I doubt they'll do London straight out, it'll be a fictional location similar to London if they go for it. I do wonder if it would hurt sales in America though. Over here we tend to be more used to things set in America and accept it so it doesn't hurt sales, but I get the impression it doesn't work the other way. Maybe I'm way off the mark in that judgment though. I would love to see something set in London, especially to see what soundtrack they'd come up with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I just want a speedometer in the new one. Thats all more missions few different characters, better Ai and a speedometer.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 OptimusMime

According to the internet(find the links yourself), the next GTA is supposed to be GTAEurope... instead of just one city or state to wander around it'll be a whole continent.

That'd be class, especially if they include Ireland... there could be a mission about convincing the Irish government that an Orangeman's rally down O'Connel St would be a good idea; then the next mission could involve starting a riot at an Orangemans in the O'Connel St area!!

Oh, and you could probably drive around London and Paris too, Could be the best game ever!!!

In fairness, as long as you don't die as soon as you fall into the sea I'll be happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

According to the internet(find the links yourself), the next GTA is supposed to be GTAEurope... instead of just one city or state to wander around it'll be a whole continent.

pffftttt :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Feck GTA, I want to see an advanced and updated Getaway job done on modern day Dublin, but, ok, with a GTA feel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

monument wrote:
    Feck GTA, I want to see an advanced and updated Getaway job done on modern day Dublin, but, ok, with a GTA feel.

Absolute genius idea :) The cockney accent would be relaced by the dublin skanger and knackerisms.

Instructions: 'Press x to call brazer'

Character: 'How much to get me nat (king cole)?'

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Absolute genius idea :) The cockney accent would be relaced by the dublin skanger and knackerisms.

Instructions: 'Press x to call brazer'

Character: 'How much to get me nat (king cole)?'

Just think of the fun you could have beating up a gang of youths outside Centra!

Yout could then proceed to steal the money that they wanted you to buy them cans of Dutch Gold with.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

In fairness, as long as you don't die as soon as you fall into the sea I'll be happy...

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Does the city and all the locations in gtalcs look exactly the same as they did in gta3?
    Is there really any point in getting this game if youve got and finished gta3?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

There is some differences but overall its the same.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

New missions/story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Is the godfather any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭shyne

yes i think it's brilliant not just about completing mision's a lot of other things to do worth getting me think's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

That'd be awesome. Your hideout would be in Paris and you gotta drive to Warsaw for your next mission.

In real time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_&_Teller's_Smoke_and_Mirrors

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

quinnd6 wrote:
    Is the godfather any good?

Have a read: http://www.irishgamer.ie/reviews.php?id=13&page=1

Gamestop have it available for €30 for the next two weeks.

Advertisement