Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic Map Needed

Options
  • 24-06-2006 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭

I am helping someone setup a business in Galway by Ballybrit (nr N6 heading heading towards Dublin). One of the things I need to do is organise a map to send out and for the web but all the maps I have seen online are not covering the part I need.

Can anyone recommend where I can get decent road coverage that I can use??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

If your from Galway then drawing a map of where your mate is trying to set up should be pretty simple.Most maps companys use to advertise where they are situated are the most simple kind.Use a roundabout as a landmark and go from there,you certainly wont be short of them coming from the N6 or Ballybrit.The racecourse is a well know landmark out that side of town or even Hogan Motors.
    Try Galway racecourse map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

We are on the opposite side of Tom Hogan motors but I want to show the road coming in from Limerick/Dublin and most maps dont have that otherwise I would copy them.

The other problem is that most maps are in gif format which isnt great if you are trying to recreate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Personally then i would use the roundabout at Western Motors then as a landmark.Both Limerick and Dublin traffic will be using this entrance to the city.
    Its pretty simple then from here on in.I would say giving a go yourself at doing a simple map may in fact work out better.

I worked in an small industrial estate out there beside the Nissan garage for a bit and on the companys card,buisnesses in the area were used as landmarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

padi89 wrote:
    I worked in an small industrial estate out there beside the Nissan garage for a bit and on the companys card,buisnesses in the area were used as landmarks.

Was that Oranmore Bus Park??

Thanks for the heads up

Advertisement