Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone noticed?

• 24-06-2006 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

In Sligo town every single ESB manhole cover has a white C painted on them!

not just one or two, but every one of them!!!!

and its not just the town, in my estate and surrounding area on the outskirts of town, C's are on every cover!

anyone else notice this, and got any inklings on what they're for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

It is on the Telecom Eireann Manholes. The ESB network in the west does not generally use manholes they use a device called a minipillar which is the grey / green / galvanised small steel cabinet that can be built into walls.

Still I can't help with the C

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

yeah...it is the telecom ones i think!...just buggin me as to what it stands for!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

dingding wrote:
    It is on the Telecom Eireann Manholes.
    If I was a nasty person, I could suggest it means they are a crowd of 'C***s' ... but then again, I'm not a nasty person :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

DonegalMan wrote:
    If I was a nasty person, I could suggest it means they are a crowd of 'C***s' ... but then again, I'm not a nasty person :D
    Well, I'll be a nasty person and think that your suggestion is indeed correct! :D

It could be a grading system for the copper wires under the manholes.

With G being Great, A being Average, and C being C**p! :D

Advertisement