Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rookie mistake.. oops

• 24-06-2006 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Dammit to hell!!!! I met a wonderful guy in a club on Friday night.. We spent ages talking and kissing and cuddling.. I managed to be a pleb and lose him in the crowd though *kicks herself* I spent the rest of the night looking for him but I had no luck cos the place was absolutely jammed.

Its the first guy I've met that I've felt something for since I broke up with a long term boyfriend in April. I really feel like I'm ready to move on, even somewhat slowly! And nice, funny, cute, respectful guys don't grow on trees from what I've seen while I've been single!

So a word of advice. Always ask for a number peeps! *kicks herself some more* I shall NOT be making this mistake again!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭keizer

RookieGirl wrote:
    Dammit to hell!!!! I met a wonderful guy in a club on Friday night.. We spent ages talking and kissing and cuddling.. I managed to be a pleb and lose him in the crowd though *kicks herself* I spent the rest of the night looking for him but I had no luck cos the place was absolutely jammed.

Its the first guy I've met that I've felt something for since I broke up with a long term boyfriend in April. I really feel like I'm ready to move on, even somewhat slowly! And nice, funny, cute, respectful guys don't grow on trees from what I've seen while I've been single!

So a word of advice. Always ask for a number peeps! *kicks herself some more* I shall NOT be making this mistake again!

Did this happen in Coppers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

lol no offence your situation could be genuine but I've done that on purpose to girls I met in clubs! Not every1 wants a relationship ya kno!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

RookieGirl wrote:

another rookie mistake, don't tell people this story, cos they'll probably point out the fact that it sounds like he ditched ya...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭keizer

Repli wrote:
    lol no offence your situation could be genuine but I've done that on purpose to girls I met in clubs! Not every1 wants a relationship ya kno!

Main reason i'd say

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

He didn't ask for your number? Not a good sign. No offense to you. He may have just been a player, and the pubs and clubs are filled with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well I kinda left him there while I went to do something and I got sidetracked, ah well.. Yes, it was in Coppers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i have serious issues about meeting guys at clubs. its too hard to separate the players from the genuine ones. and sorry to say but it sounds like he ditched you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

i have serious issues about meeting guys at clubs. its too hard to separate the players from the genuine ones. and sorry to say but it sounds like he ditched you.

Agreed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MonkeyBox

RookieGirl wrote:
    respectful

And you were able to tell this from meeting him in a noisy club? Apart from the obvious fact that he ditched you and is more a player than a 'nice, respectful lad', it mightn't be any harm looking for men in a slightly less sleazy environment. Single guys go to noisy clubs to get laid. I suspect he realised you weren't one-night stand material and tried it on with someone else.

PS - when I say you weren't one-night stand material, I mean you wouldn't have a one-night stand... not that you aren't hot. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

A man and a woman can't lose each other in a club without the man being a player? I'm surprised at these replies. It's really likely to happen in a large club. You'd lose your friends nevermind a person you don't really know, with a group of friends of their own. Who knows where he went/had to go. OP, be a little more careful next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Yep, I agree with fuzzywiggle! Next time, Just hand him your number or organise to meet up outside or something!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MonkeyBox

Hmmm, can't say I'm in agreement there to be honest. There are few clubs in Ireland big enough to get totally lost in. If you're looking for someone you'll generally find them but I would imagine that it was never meant to be *sigh* :D

I do think though that labelling some bloke you met in a club one night as 'the one that got away' type of thing is a bit premature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

face it, all us men are dogs. end of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stoopidkid

Jeez Louise.. It's negativity city around here isn't it.. Give the gal a break. She just broke up with someone recently! Was he hot? :) You'll know better next time, won't ya?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Coppers isn't really big enough to just lose someone in or at the very least he clearly didn't go looking for you or you would have found each other. He was possibly just indifferent.

Go back to Coppers same time next week and see if you can spot him. Try and get chatting with him again and see where it goes from there. But try not to think about it too much, chances are he's not going to jump straight into a relationship.

All of those saying he definitely ditched you are talking absolute nonsense. There's no way of knowing what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fugly Slut

I went with Rookie Girl to Coppers that night, and in her defence, she came looking for me and her other friend to tell us where she was. SHE left HIM...cos she knows we worry about her cos she hasn't done the whole going out and meeting random guys thing very often. He was standing waiting for her when I was talking to her, but by then we'd lost the other girl and had to look for her.
    Also, I didn't think she needed to go back to him; she'd had her fun and that was what she needed from the night. She didn't need a new boyfriend cos her last one was a TOTAL p***k and she's well rid of the ugly b*****d. I think she just liked the idea of someone nice...and he was that. It didn't do any harm to lose him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Well she clearly didnt have her fun if shes having a whinge on the internet about losing him.

anyway, the most important thing in personnal issues is to sort about people serious problems. Losing a guy in a nightclub isnt. However going to coppers is. I suggest conoucilling(spelling) for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fugly Slut

She's not exactly whinging. She did have fun...and can't wait to go out next week. Which I'm happy about cos it means she's FINALLY starting to get over him. She just hasn't yet got used to the meeting guys for one night thing, and then meeting someone else the next week. And he was a nice guy...and when you compare him to most of the guys we know, I can see why she'd want to keep him. I want her to meet a few more before she settles though, after the last boyfriend.

And there's nothing wrong with Coppers!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I go to coppers lots and you'll find its the same crowd every week so if you really want to meet him again head back to Flannerys or coppers next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Ah crowds are ****, I lost a guy in a crowd of 10,000, so I know how you feel. Hottest guy I ever did see *sob* Best of luck finding him though!

The way I see it is that Rookie Girl did well enough to find some guy that didn't maul her in Coppers-the hole, and that perhaps she should be grateful for the sweetness of their encounter, while understanding at the same time that on further intimacy she may have realised that he is, like her ex, a selfish, ugly, egotistical piece of scum, the likes of which is usually to be found floating in stagnant water.
    I think that it is a good thing that they parted, whoever intiated the separation, as Rookie Girl is clearly still held under the sways of said ex-boyfriend, but this in time will pass, and soon she will find a nice decent guy.
    Also, I agree with who ever said that the main problem is that she was in Coppers- what a terrifying place for the single female - my ass is still bruised from the pinching during my virgin visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

sounds like you girls ditched him and then when he wasnt around when you where finished chin wagging you paint a bad picture about him.

Why is automatically the guy in the wrong? SEXISM thats why.

Emmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

RookieGirl wrote:

What is it with Irish people only able to hook up in clubs after they've had a few...

You spent an evening kissing and you think he's perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

RookieGirl wrote:
    Dammit to hell!!!! I met a wonderful guy in a club on Friday night.. We spent ages talking and kissing and cuddling.
    How did you manage to talk in a club?

Advertisement