Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT speed..

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

no speed increase and i am also in Ashbourne,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 wixy

As I reported earlier, my connection in Ongar/Clonee still slow. Phone Tech support & they phoned back a cpln of hours later to state that it a "PDN fault" and they were getting Eircom out to the exchange to have a look at it.

Anyone else got any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

They are aware that the fix didn't work for the AShbourne area and they are going to continue to pressure those idiots in Eircom. It's good to see that half the problem is sorted. It can only indicate a good chance of our area being sorted soon. If anyone in Ashbourne does get good speeds, let the rest of us know please!
    Jarvis

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭whimsey

This evening irishisptest is giving 2.6Mb/313Kb which isnt bad.
    Hopefully this is a permanent fix. Would be good to know what
    exactly they did to fix it.

Whimsey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Sparko

Just done a speedtest, looks like things are back to normal. The test is telling me my download speed is 2.3Mbps, so it must have just taken a little bit longer to get Ashbourne up and running again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

my irish speed test result are 1.5Mb DL and 300Kb DL... somethings not right here

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

My arse it's back to normal. I'm in Ashbourne and ISPTest shows I'm getting 27.0 kbps down / 295 kbps up.

I know it can be very erratic, but that's worse than ever.

B.

Benster wrote:
    My arse it's back to normal. I'm in Ashbourne and ISPTest shows I'm getting 27.0 kbps down / 295 kbps up.

I know it can be very erratic, but that's worse than ever.

B.

That's so odd, mine has been holding steady at about 2.3/2.4Mbps for the last 2 hours or so. I'm hoping it's going to stay like that in the longterm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The speed seems to have returned here, though it's fluctuating. Heading in the right direction at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Crazy Pet

I'm using this speed test
    http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

mixed results ranging from below 1mb - 2.3mb

This is unacceptable I'm asking for compensation for june / july

• Advertisement

I've just done a few tests on speedtest.ie and the results are as follows:
    1 Download = 2.30Mbps Upload = 179kbps QOS = 43%
    2 Download = 2.27Mbps Upload = 175kbps QOS = 60%
    3 Download = 1.63Mbps Upload = 115kbps QOS = 22%
    4 Download = 2.22Mbps Upload = 191kbps QOS = 43%
    5 Download = 2.61Mbps Upload = 311kbps QOS = 78%
    6 Download = 2.36Mbps Upload = 191kbps QOS = 68%
    I did these one after another. It seems to have improved a lot but does anyone know, is this the way it should be???
    I also went to BT's URL.IE/QV and tried downloading that,It started downloading at 320KB/s but dropped straight away to 240KB/s then it slowly continued to drop off 1KB/s at a time and is now stablising at 169KB/s. I'm on a 3MB connection. This doesn't seem right to me!

Can the other people who reckon their connection is fixed, please post what results they are getting from these tests, I'm particularly interested in what people in Ashbourne are getting.
    Cheers
    Jarvis.

I done 5 tests at speedtest.ie, and got these results Jarvis:
    1 Download = 2.29Mbps Upload = 315kbps QOS = 74%
    2 Download = 2.27Mbps Upload = 314kbps QOS = 77%
    3 Download = 2.32Mbps Upload = 313kbps QOS = 72%
    4 Download = 2.21Mbps Upload = 312kbps QOS = 74%
    5 Download = 2.25Mbps Upload = 316kbps QOS = 75%

I downloaded that file from BT last night, and I can't remember the exact speed but it stabilised somewhere around 290/300KB/s

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Sparko wrote:
    I done 5 tests at speedtest.ie, and got these results Jarvis:
    1 Download = 2.29Mbps Upload = 315kbps QOS = 74%
    2 Download = 2.27Mbps Upload = 314kbps QOS = 77%
    3 Download = 2.32Mbps Upload = 313kbps QOS = 72%
    4 Download = 2.21Mbps Upload = 312kbps QOS = 74%
    5 Download = 2.25Mbps Upload = 316kbps QOS = 75%

I downloaded that file from BT last night, and I can't remember the exact speed but it stabilised somewhere around 290/300KB/s

Sparko which exchange are you on?

Sparko,
    Those results seem a little more stable than mine. I was kinda hoping that everyone in Ashbourne was in the same boat as me. Ah well. The last I heard from BT was that they were getting onto Eircom to have them re-look at Ashbourne and I haven't heard anything today, so I'll just presume the fault still exists as I'm sure they'd have called me if they thought it was fixed. Anyone else got speed results in Ashbourne:confused: .
    BrookieD and Benster, What about you. how's your speeds tonight???
    Jarvis

I'm in Ashbourne, Diabolus.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

ashbourne also...

1) Download = 2.56Mbps upload = 316kbps qos= 99%
    2) Download = 2.55Mbps upload = 318kbps qos= 99%
    3) Download = 2.56Mbps upload = 318kbps qos= 99%
    4) Download = 2.56Mbps upload = 318kbps qos= 99%
    5) Download = 2.55Mbps upload = 309kbps qos= 95%
    6) Download = 2.50Mbps upload = 311kbps qos= 90%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Dundrum and my connection is up and down, its losing the DSL connection regularly. Must be an exchange problem, or line quality perhaps has gone funny.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

connection is up and down here for me today too, i'm in Dundalk.

People in Ashbourne,
    Can I be a real pain in the neck and ask you to try a different speed test?
    Speedtest.ie is giving me quite good results also now, however when I go to www.url.ie/qv (as instructed by bt) my speeds bounce allover the place from 340KB/s to 149KB/s. These speeds should steady off at or above 300KB/s but they randomly fluctuate between the speeds I stated but spending most time in the mid 100's to lower 200's of KB/s.
    Is anyone else in Ashbourne experiencing this???
    Jarvis

jarvis wrote:
    People in Ashbourne,
    Can I be a real pain in the neck and ask you to try a different speed test?
    Speedtest.ie is giving me quite good results also now, however when I go to www.url.ie/qv (as instructed by bt) my speeds bounce allover the place from 340KB/s to 149KB/s. These speeds should steady off at or above 300KB/s but they randomly fluctuate between the speeds I stated but spending most time in the mid 100's to lower 200's of KB/s.
    Is anyone else in Ashbourne experiencing this???
    Jarvis

ran it there for 5mins or so, 305-308KB/s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I knew it was too good to be true!!!!
    Speeds back down to 1100 ish for me here in Kilkenny. :mad:

I go away on holiday next Sunday and if it's not sorted by the time I get back 26 days later I'll have to od something.

Was looking at the Sky broadband yesterday, £10 month for 16G a month unlimited, sounds good, but they're not doing it here yet, just in UK.
    :(

"We are unable to offer Sky Broadband in the Republic of Ireland.

If you are a Sky TV customer, we want to do something for you – so we’ve arranged a special offer. €35 off a Sky+ box or €75 off a Sky HD box. These are both fantastic ways to make your Sky viewing even better. To find out more and take advantage of these great savings, please call 081 871 9898 quoting reference Sky+ Broadband offer or Sky HD Broadband offer. This number is exclusively for these Sky + and Sky HD special offers."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

My connection keeps dropping today :( Speeds are OK, not as slow as they were, but still could be faster.

Well, tonight things are looking a little better in Ashbourne, but still not 100% back to normal.

I tried the www.url.ie/qv download and it evened out at 280-odd KB/s, seemed ok, but not great.

The www.speedtest.ie site rated the speed first of all at 2.6Mb/s, as it should be. Subsequent tests came out at 1.0 - 1.9 Mb/s, as erratic as ever, but still much faster than the BlacKnight speedtest results of 50-odd kb/s (yes, kb/s).

But it still ain't right...

B.

I'm now getting a steady 323KB/s download speed from url.ie
    I ended up borrowing an Eircom Netopia router and that worked fine. I tried swapping and changing the cables on my Zyxel 600 but whenever I used it the download speed dropped to 150KB/s. I've been using the Netopia since last night and every time I'm getting good speeds. I have to give this router back, I wonder if my Zyxel is guaranteed!!!

Folks,

Is this issue now 100% resolved for all those affected?

My speed is now back to normal, but it still operating in fits and starts at times. And BT have now automatically closed the trouble ticket as they deem it resolved. How are the rest of you getting on?

B.

can't say i've had too many problem recently, i think one night was a little laggy but thats about it. Only other issue i've had is downloading some torrents that have been taking forever.. i'll prolly just stick to doing that at work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 redmac68

My 2M service is back to normal (Baldoyle):
    Upload ~ 150Kbps
    Download ~ 1600Kbps

Has been OK again for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 turkeytwizz10

kleefarr wrote:
    Anyone with BT speed problems in Kilkenny City area?

I've been getting fluctuating speeds since yesterday. Anything from 400kb/sec to 1240kb/sec.
    Upstream is a steady 384kb/sec.

I'm on a 3Meg connection! :mad:

Have done a router reset and test another modem, no change.

Just done the test file download that Diabolus posted. Getting avg 118KB/sec

yes im in kilkenny city and just in last few weeks have been getting terrible download speeds, dont the irish isp test and most of the time its down to 300kb download but sometimes goes up to 1.4mps, im on the 3mb line. what can i do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

yes im in kilkenny city and just in last few weeks have been getting terrible download speeds, dont the irish isp test and most of the time its down to 300kb download but sometimes goes up to 1.4mps, im on the 3mb line. what can i do?
    Strangely enough, my speed picked up again about two weeks ago and I've been getting full speed since. Haven't got a clue what it was. I didn't change anything. :confused:

I just did a test on numion.com and got 2.87 megabit/sec.

Just tried www.url.ie/qv getting around 290 KB/sec.

• Advertisement
Advertisement