Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Rant

• 25-06-2006 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I don't really know where to begin, I'm not very good at wording how I’m feeling but I’m going to try my best.

I'm 17 still in school and lately I have been getting seriously depressed, for the last 2 weeks I've been attending gafs non stop and it's really starting to take its toll but thats not why im writing this. Basically I know the people to know in my year and other schools years and all the hot birds and everyone thinks im a legend and everything but just last night at a gaf I realised that out of everyone there only 2 or 3 people I would consider my actual good mates everyone else is just associates everyone likes me but other than going to clubs or parties or whatever I'd never really talk to them.

Another thing which happened last week was a bird rejected me. That had never happened to me before. Obviously in a club or whatever I have been rejected but not by someone I knew and had talked a lot to. She said I was arrogant and cocky which pissed me off cause everyone thinks I'm arrogant and cocky, but not the people that I felt I have opened up to I dont really know anymore.

2 years ago when I went to a gaf I could get any bird I wanted, last year was more or less the same, but this year when I went to a gaf only one bird showed an interest and hot as she was she was bolloxed drunk anyways I don’t know what’s so different this year....and for all the hot birds I go to gafs with and score I only actually talk to maybe 3 birds when not in a club or getting drunk and haven't gone out with a bird in years [which would shock anyone that knows me] its weird no matter how hot the bird is in a lot of the cases once I get what I want I lose interest, obviously I wouldn’t say that to her I’d let her down gently, I know that sounds bad and I wish I was different but I'm not.

Right I’m finished my rant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"attending gafs" - do you mean "house parties"?

Joq wrote:
    I don't really know where to begin, I'm not very good at wording how I’m feeling but I’m going to try my best.

I'm 17 still in school and lately I have been getting seriously depressed, for the last 2 weeks I've been attending gafs non stop and it's really starting to take its toll but thats not why im writing this. Basically I know the people to know in my year and other schools years and all the hot birds and everyone thinks im a legend and everything but just last night at a gaf I realised that out of everyone there only 2 or 3 people I would consider my actual good mates everyone else is just associates everyone likes me but other than going to clubs or parties or whatever I'd never really talk to them.

Another thing which happened last week was a bird rejected me. That had never happened to me before. Obviously in a club or whatever I have been rejected but not by someone I knew and had talked a lot to. She said I was arrogant and cocky which pissed me off cause everyone thinks I'm arrogant and cocky, but not the people that I felt I have opened up to I dont really know anymore.

2 years ago when I went to a gaf I could get any bird I wanted, last year was more or less the same, but this year when I went to a gaf only one bird showed an interest and hot as she was she was bolloxed drunk anyways I don’t know what’s so different this year....and for all the hot birds I go to gafs with and score I only actually talk to maybe 3 birds when not in a club or getting drunk and haven't gone out with a bird in years [which would shock anyone that knows me] its weird no matter how hot the bird is in a lot of the cases once I get what I want I lose interest, obviously I wouldn’t say that to her I’d let her down gently, I know that sounds bad and I wish I was different but I'm not.

I must be getting some of your old luck then cos im having an ok patch at the moment.
    Dont worry about it. Think of yourself as a top premiership striker who's going through a goal drought at the moment which the law of averages would allow for it. just chill out and relax and dont go out with the intention of 'pulling' for a while. go out to have fun. Im just relieved some one else is in the same boat.

hey wer'e all in this world for a good time, not neccessarily a long time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

basically not many girls want what you still want and that when they get to 17. they begin to want real meaningful relationships not just some guy known for losting interest in them after he's had his way. and yes girls talk and you might have a reputation as a big ladies man among the lads but trust me girls dont see that as a positive thing.
    oh and trust me this cocky rep can drive girls far far away. i mean i was crazy about this guy and i suddenly found out how cocky he seems and its put me a bit off tbh. im hoping its just a act and he isnt that cocky but cocky is something that rubs ppl the wrong way. he's promised me he's not so im going to forget about it now.
    i feel like you were cocky til lately and have now had to look within yourself and see want you really want. if you're not cocky, then dont act like it. be more open with these ppl and soon they'll see as more then a mere 2d image and a real person who has other interests then scoring "birds" at gafs. if you do that is lol

plus the "hotness of the bird" doesnt mean you'll actually feel anything for them. look for girls that you can talk to and share interests with and who you find attractive. of course you'll lose interest in a girl if all you have in common is you both went to the same gaf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MonkeyBox

As you get older, if you keep looking on it as 'getting any bird I want' then chances are you'll become less and less successful with women. If you need an ego-boost, meet a nice gal and treat her right ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

MonkeyBox wrote:
    As you get older, if you keep looking on it as 'getting any bird I want' then chances are you'll become less and less successful with women. If you need an ego-boost, meet a nice gal and treat her right ;)

Well said :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

MonkeyBox wrote:

and they all lived happily ever after. seriously, your suggesting solving internal problems by focusing on another person? you cant love anyone else till you love yourself. no pun intended

Joq wrote:

maybe the reason you're becoming less successful with girls is the fact that both you and your group of friends are getting older, and the girls you are meeting are becoming more aware of themselves, gaining more self respect and so are interested in guys who see them as more than just a "hot bird".

change your attitude towards women, learn to treat people with more respect and people might like you as more than just a guy to laugh at at a party.

LOTP wrote:
    and they all lived happily ever after. seriously, your suggesting solving internal problems by focusing on another person?

Er, no I'm not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

ok so. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Joq wrote:

I realised that out of everyone there only 2 or 3 people I would consider my actual good mates everyone else is just associates everyone likes me but other than going to clubs or parties or whatever I'd never really talk to them.

You should count yourself lucky to have 2 or 3 good friends. You may be surprised, but not everybody has this, even when hanging around with a large group of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

OP it sounds to me that as you get older the girls in your group are maturing and seeing that your actually a player, its no surprise to me that they find you cocky and arrogant.

As another poster said meet a nice girl and treat her right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Sorry, but you seem cocky and arrogant in your post, and if you're like that when you're looking for advice, how can you expect people who know you and know how you behave to think any differently of you?

Try to stop calling women "birds". Evolution means we lost our wings and reminding us upsets us.

Maybe - just maybe - life isn't all about pulling, and if you want to have a conversation with a woman you should try to do that without giving her the impression that she's nothing more than just this night/weekend's ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Your use of the phrase 'hot birds' says it all, really. You may not think you're arrogant, but you do sound like it, and people aren't psychic - they're going to deal with you based on how you act rather than what you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

LOTP wrote:
    and they all lived happily ever after. seriously, your suggesting solving internal problems by focusing on another person? you cant love anyone else till you love yourself. no pun intended

tbh he doesnt appear to have an issue with liking himself, its more why is he not getting the attention he was before.

As girls and guys grow older and mature, the cocky arrogant attitude doesnt work so well with girls, we just like a nice decent guy who isnt all attitude. In my opinion someone who is cocky and so up himself is such a turn off, always has been actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Lol, Ross O'Carroll Kelly anyone?

So you were a big focking legend in the past? Get over it. "Birds" tend to mature and become less shallow as they get older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Ha, this is my favourite thread I have read in a while, cheers to op for giving me a good laugh

and if your post is anything to go by then you are cocky and arrogant.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭theAwakening

Joq wrote:

What an absolute steamer!

Oh my God, I'm just such a focking legend and I can, loike, get any bird I want roysh?

Seriously - best thread I've ever read on any forum anywhere. Please tell me it's not a wind-up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

theAwakening
    MonkeyBox

read this forums charter before you get yourself banned for useless, unhelpful comments
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Originally Posted by Joq

Not so much a rant to me, "more like saying everyone else has grown up and i havent, whats going on"
    You call women "birds" for a start, beautiful women "hot birds". You strike me as the kind of bloke who talks to women the same way you d talk to a gang of male friends.
    If you know the girl who rejected you, then shes probably heard you talk using these terms, what do you expect? She thinks (prob rightly) that if anything happens youre just gonna broadcast to all your mates.
    2 years ago when I went to a gaf I could get any bird I wanted, last year was more or less the same, but this year when I went to a gaf only one bird showed an interest and hot as she was she was bolloxed drunk anyways
    Cocky and arrogant maybe, no respect definitely. Try enjoying the company of a girl you find interesting, might help you grow up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Sounds like the "birds" have matured, where you still seem to stuck around 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Do you actually fancy of these girls or are you just trying to keep your cred up by constantly scoring the latest hot girl ?

If you fancy one of them then pursue her (as in try to get a date with her, not actually follow her anywhere) and try to show her that you're not the guy everyone else thinks you are and you do actualkly have some depth.

On a side note, this reads like a Ross O'Carroll Kelly book !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Oh My!

I keep telling myself your only 17and try to put myself in your position many moons ago. Its a question of maturity. The Girls have developed into women and are less and less attracted by childish behaviour.

"birds" is not an adult term to describe women. You certainly come across as arrogant and cocky.... and is it you who describes your self as a legend?
    there is a saying "legend in their own lunchtime"

A lot of men learn the lesson late in life or not at all... so you have an opportunity to rectify it. Treat women with respect, actually look yourself in the mirror and see if you can analyse why you are being labelled as cocky and arrogant.

Self confidence is one thing, and everyone respects that, but when it crosses the line it can become seriously annoying.

Your life experience is seriously limited by your age. But I would hazard to say that this may be a salutory lesson for you. People change and develop its a life characteristic.
    It is obviously worrying you why this should happen, so i suggest you do a bit of self analysis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

A woman is only a "bird" when she keeps the company of a 'worm'.

Thaedydal wrote:
    A woman is only a "bird" when she keeps the company of a 'worm'.
    i love that! haha
    truth is he's doomed unless he grows up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 smilydude

Joq wrote:

Personally I hope you don't go around calling these women 'birds' to their faces. I think you need to show some maturity here, women mature mentally ahead of men so that could be alot of the problem. These ladies want someone on their own level and probably a little more of a meaning relationship. Perhaps you have a reputation among some of these ladies as a result of letting some down 'easily' in the past. Clean up your act, respect these women for what they are and not for what you can get from them.

In saying all this, you are young, don't despair, try new places, go to new venues etc. It might seem like the end of the world at the moment but you have the rest of your life ahead of you!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

This guy has got to be a joker. "I'm an absolute legend but a bird rejected me", come on.

Advertisement