Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are you heading in your life ?..

• 25-06-2006 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Are you in control of where or how your life is turning out ?..

We all have a limited time here in this world, but given the choice, where or what tyoe of lifestyle do you think would make you happy.

Would like to get married and have a family, or would you prefer to remain single.

Would you like to live on a warm desert Island, or is the idea of a large mortgage and becoming a wage slave more appealing to your need for stability/security..

Have you made any radical life changing decisions, which have helped your well being, or have had the opposite effect.

Basically, what I am trying to ascertain, is do you really feel in control of your life, or are you stuck on a treadmill whereby making independent decisions about how you want your life to turn out is becoming more difficult for everyone ?.. in other words are we free to decide without isolating ourselve's completely.

P. :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

Paddy20 wrote:
    Are you in control of where or how your life is turning out ?..

We all have a limited time here in this world, but given the choice, where or what tyoe of lifestyle do you think would make you happy.

Would like to get married and have a family, or would you prefer to remain single.

Would you like to live on a warm desert Island, or is the idea of a large mortgage and becoming a wage slave more appealing to your need for stability/security..

Have you made any radical life changing decisions, which have helped your well being, or have had the opposite effect.

Basically, what I am trying to ascertain, is do you really feel in control of your life, or are you stuck on a treadmill whereby making independent decisions about how you want your life to turn out is becoming more difficult for everyone ?.. in other words are we free to decide without isolating ourselve's completely.

P. :cool:
    I don't feel in control of my life right now. But that's because I have a husband, and every decision I make doesn't just affect me, it affects him as well.

My problem is that I live in the future, and he lives in the present. I want to hurry and move back to Ireland. I want a house on about 10 acres of forest, with a scattering of farm animals. I want children, and I want my husband and I to hurry up and open our business.

My husband does want these things, but he understands that they take time, and he also just wants to make it through the day, get his EAD (work authorization), and save some cash so we can start planning and getting things done. Then we'll worry about tomorrow, he says.

I just can't be bothered with today and tomorrow, I want next year to be here now. Though, with a thought process like mine, I'm gonna end up old and gray and wishing I was young again. :p

I suppose that's why my husband and I are perfect for each other though. I live in the future, he in the present, and together we're slowly creating our own history.

(I just wish things would hurry along a bit. :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

No-one is fully in control of their life, not even remotely in control in fact.
    My philosopy is never to worry too much about how things work, simply push things in the position you'd like them to go, see what happens and make a decision on the outcome (if the outcome allows you to do that).

Of course, being single, qualified and independant is a huge help, and the fact that I don't mind moving and don't have a mortgage or any of that crap really makes things easy too. I've lived in 3 cities in the last 12 months, and lived with my parents in Letterkenny for a month in between too, and I'm moving to London in September. I only have the vaguest idea of where I'm going but I'm sure it will be great: why wouldn't it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭weeginger

I like not being in control. I don't need to have all the answers right now. If I did the good things would have no suprise with them and the bad things would have nothing to teach me.

Advertisement