Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats eating habits

Options
  • 25-06-2006 4:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering is it just my cat when she drinks from the water bowl, instead of drinking like normal, she dips her paw in there and licks it off. Its quite comical though, almost likes she scooping it up, she gets more and more human everyday. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AngloVoiced

Yes felines do that don't they, my cat got so human he eventually got a job in the AIB and moved to Swords!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

One of my cats went through a phase of only drinking water from glasses other people were drinking from. If you picked her up & put her by the water bowl, she'd walk straight back over & try & drink from the glass. When she was doing this, she'd use the paw scooping method...

At the moment, her latest trick is drinking water straight from the tap rather than from her water bowl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

My goodness, that is so cute! I've actually never seen a cat do that! Granted, my kitties don't drink much water anyway because they're on a high-moisture diet, but when they do, they just use their mouths and tongues.

My Jezebel thinks she's human though, and more often than not will only drink out of our cups--and the water has to be cold and freshly poured from our filter pitcher! She also has a thing for cereal milk...if we leave the bowl for even a few seconds, she jumps at her chance to get some. :rolleyes:

George, on the other hand, thinks he's a dog and will eat and/or drink anything he can find. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

My goodness, that is so cute! I've actually never seen a cat do that! Granted, my kitties don't drink much water anyway because they're on a high-moisture diet, but when they do, they just use their mouths and tongues.

My Jezebel thinks she's human though, and more often than not will only drink out of our cups--and the water has to be cold and freshly poured from our filter pitcher! She also has a thing for cereal milk...if we leave the bowl for even a few seconds, she jumps at her chance to get some. :rolleyes:

George, on the other hand, thinks he's a dog and will eat and/or drink anything he can find. :p

Shes begun playing fetch with me now, absolutely hilarious. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

majority of cats dont drink tap water, cuz of all the additives in it you will generally find that they drink rain water and such...one of my cats like volvic.... i swear to god, he is such a a snob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

On the subject of strange habits; my boyfriend was at home this morning watching tv when one of our cats started coming into the living room with different items she'd found around the house including a t-shirt & a shoe. She also has a fixation with an oven glove & will drag it around with her for ages!

Looking forward with some trepidation as to what she does next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

rachel wrote:
    On the subject of strange habits; my boyfriend was at home this morning watching tv when one of our cats started coming into the living room with different items she'd found around the house including a t-shirt & a shoe. She also has a fixation with an oven glove & will drag it around with her for ages!

Looking forward with some trepidation as to what she does next!

"Look what I found! Are you proud of me? Wheres my treat?!?!" :D

edit: a pic of our little one, notice the position of her back legs, she sleeps regularly like this :)

Advertisement