Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you Gay?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Well - I'm not queer

My friend always says "I'm not gay, I'm bi!" but I think he's secretly just a gay in denial. Come on, he hasn't gone out with a single girl, fancied a single one and what's more he says most girls annoy him!

I'm sure you telling what he is/isn't annoys him too

Why do Bi people have to be always assumed to be not really bi?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Because most people don't understand how they can be attracted to persons of either gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Yes I Am. *jumps up and down with camp gestures*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

I'm gay and camp! :D

Bisexuals always have a hard time, don't they? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Mordeth wrote:
    i'm not gay, I just love the cock.
    Silent Bob ftw:D

=-=

And no, I'm not gay. Although I do love lesbians:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Thaedydal wrote:
    Because most people don't understand how they can be attracted to persons of either gender.

Can't understand why this is so difficult for people to believe, to be honest. Makes sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I don't know, I don't understand people who are only attracted to one gender.
    That just seems odd to be but then they say they are accept thier word for it
    and ask if they are sure or have they made up thier mind.

the_syco wrote:
    And no, I'm not gay. Although I do love lesbians:cool:

All lesbians, or just certain ones? Which would you prefer: Nell McCafferty and Rhona Cameron at it, or the two gals in Mulholland Drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Dudess wrote:
    All lesbians, or just certain ones? Which would you prefer: Nell McCafferty and Rhona Cameron at it, or the two gals in Mulholland Drive?
    Rosie O'Donnell tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Dudess wrote:

Justin Theroux tbh.

• Advertisement

Mmmm. I hears ya. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

what has "having gay friends" got to do with the OP?

I'm not a woman, but I have sisters who are . I've not lost a limb but I heard of an aging musician who's ex model wife has.

Maybe its some affirmation that its ok to be gay? Aaaw cheers.

Course its cool to be gay!

Nell Mc Cafferty are u serious? What about anna Nolan she's nice met her at a supergrass concert and she helped me deflate a giant football inflatable chair! If i was gay she'd be my type.

Nell Mc Cafferty are u serious? What about anna Nolan she's nice met her at a supergrass concert and she helped me deflate a giant football inflatable chair! If i was gay she'd be my type.

OMG the gheyness is spreading!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well im not gay anyway!:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

OMG the gheyness is spreading!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well im not gay anyway!:)
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/44219/19019.jpg
    Could have fooled me. :p

That piccy says "QUEEN" to me!
    Sure Dazzler. You're not gay. You keep telling yourself that. ;)

Sigh! Denial. It's a river in Egypt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Is that a pic of Carlow's Pride ?

Nah the gayness isnt spreading. just sharing the fuzzy feelings !!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Ha! Metrosexuals! Pff! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Bullock99

How do you know your Gay?

• Advertisement

I presume its when you have feelings only for somebody of the same gender as yourself.Could be wrong though:confused:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Bullock99

I'd had sex with a guy ... but wouldn't consider myself gay!!!!

Bullock99 wrote:
    How do you know your Gay?

Like an expert once suggested, like most things sexual desires arn't special and humans can want them in varying degrees.

Knowing your gay isn't just something you are or aren't. there is a range from straight to "gay" and anything in between.

There is no fixed necessity to label your sexuality anyways; though for some people it does bring peace to what can be a lot of turmoil.

Basically you could consider two responses to start, emotional and sexual. Who are you attracted to, have feeling for etc ? guys ? girls ? both. Secondly what sexual thoughts most occupy your thoughts ? hetero? gay? oral - with a guy or a girl ? etc

Your fantasies (erm ...e.g. when you w@nk) are often the most honest indication of sexual preferences. But then at same time fantasies are often ways to exprience taboo etc, so the guy who fantasises about spanking, or schoolgirls, or the more exotic, might never want to do that in reality.

having sex with a guy like you said , could be just curiosity, or wanting a walk on the wildside , or more. The totality of how you felt afterwards might indicate what you were (more "who" you are) but in my experience, many guys first have sex with who's available rather than some one they could ever have a range of feelings for or a sense of intimacy with.

Personally I didn't enjoy my first same sex encounters - or immediately afterwards i regretted, felt bad etc. That changed when I started haveing sex with people I liked :)

Knowing your gay isn't like knowing you want to be a docotr, or knowing you don't like rugby or whatever. its not just something you are or aren't. there is a range from straight to "gay" and anything in between.

Uhm, sure, because sexual desires are special and humans could never want anything else in varying degrees :rolleyes:

Uhm, sure, because sexual desires are special and humans could never want anything else in varying degrees

other that the "Uhm sure" cuteness thats more or less what I said :rolleyes:

The guy asked "how do you know your Gay" I only meant the answer isn't "I like guys (being a guy)" Sexual desire doesn't necessarily equate to orientation either: if you want people to be all careful how they word things you should lead by example.

Saying you like Rugby for example with any degree of certainty is a slightly less fundamental stance than "I'm gay".

It seemed to me the guy might of being asking how would he know he was gay, and all I said is that being gay is not some definite thing but there is a "range"

I said "range" you said "varying degrees".... I say either you say either...lets call the whole thing off.

Well I hate TV show W, kind of like TV show X, I like TV show Y a lot and I love TV show Z. There's a range across which I define my like for each one. So in that sense, sexual preference is no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Bullock99 wrote:
    I'd had sex with a guy ... but wouldn't consider myself gay!!!!

Well then you are what is technically termed an MSM (men who have sex with men)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

!!!!!
    he isn't technically anything !

What a weird compulsion to label, and "technically" he would be MSAM- A man who had sex with A man

(ok this must be my longest teabreak ever)

Stark wrote:
    Well I hate TV show W, kind of like TV show X, I like TV show Y a lot and I love TV show Z.

Your interest in tv's is a totally different matter :D

• Advertisement

!!!!!
    he isn't technically anything !

He's NOTHING, NOTHING you hear me, NOTHING!!

Now you're just being mean ;)

Advertisement