Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Round 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Blush_01 wrote:
    *Glares at everyone who voted for the prettifulness of Scraggsy and her potential beers-organiser-y-ness.*

*Joins in the glaring*

Kudos on the sonnets ladies. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

here's my attempt*gulps:(

After much thought and contemplation
    The virtual acquaintance on which my mind does settle,
    It's our panda, so without further hesitation
    I shall begin to describe this boardsie of such fine fettle.
    To beguile the time or to pursue an education
    Involved you’ll find her in many an event.
    Though it doth seem that medicine be her vocation
    She remains entwined in politics with great intent.
    In many debates with many a foe she has toiled
    And oft without satisfaction the contenders have parted
    With harsh spoken words blood has boiled
    A moderator be required lest someone be outsmarted.
    Animosity among adversaries is all very well,
    But we won’t have our dear panda called a bitter jezebel!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

dajaffa wrote:
    Be gone those who bequeath to thou Grimes,
    For 'tis to give, not be given,
    Across the days, across the times,
    Thou some stripes may speak of a heathen,
    What is needed of us is not of grandeur,
    No gold nor francincense nor mir for me,
    No, this that on which to ponder,
    That which may be worthy of thee,
    The sweet song of a sparrow yields not enough,
    Perhaps something that is of inconcieveable value,
    Not my works, the pages are too rough,
    What posseses me now is the thought of a yew,
    Poisonous for man to drink,though not touch,
    But live forever?, it's lives for much.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a lick amn't I.... Don't dis the sonnet though, c'mon, a decent attempt for a sciencey kid surely?

im touched! Dajaffa ftw
    will leave this open untill I wake up. So around 6pm tonight incase anyone was working on theirs

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I must say that I originally thought dajaffa had googled a sonnet and then added her own words, but it appears she has not. In that case, well done dajaffa, that is a really good piece of poetry! You should remove the grimes bit (which cheapens it a bit :3) and take it to creative writing.

I initially thought it was quite Byron-esque - would that be accurate at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I'll be honest and admit that I googled a few lines of the sonnet to see if anything popped up. :o

Fair play dajaffa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

dajaffa PM'd me and asked me to write the sonnet for her. That's my poem.

GAWDDDD!!! Just admit it!

</lies>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Aw , still not being the most perceptive of people havnt got a clue what its about just that my name is in it . Ill believe its nice things :o

On a related CHALLENGE 4 is closed. Might take some advice and excuse everyone who did the challenge from the vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

wow two sonnets written about me!you guys are too kind:) and what kind words you have bestoweth on me 'garrulous wretch' and 'bitter jezebel'....stop with the compliments...your making my head big!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Can I just say thanx 2 u kids who complimented the poem n such. I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank my fith class teacher who filled me with all sorts of poetic confidence when giving me joint first place for the poem "Autumn". It's theme was autumn, oddly enough.

As for that Byron-esque queiry, I can safely say I've no idea what that means so........ yeah. And I don't think they do creative wrting in physio... maybe through horizons, but if this year is anything to go by I'll only find one thing I like that fits into my timetable, and at least half my class will be doing it as their elective too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Then maybe do creative writing as an extra curricular thing?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement