Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find my previous posts

Options
  • 25-06-2006 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi, I posted a website link in the travel forum and I can't remember the website, I'm trying to find the reply I made to the post in Travel and It only goes back to the begining of June (I made the post in May..I think) and I've done a test post in TEST and clicked on my user name to find all posts by Itchy_feet but it tells me I can't access them or something. What am I doing wrong?

Just tried it again with this post and this happened:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?do=finduser&u=71171

I don't know how to make links either..sorry
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Is this it? And use the Help Desk forum in future for questions like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Here you go, click here:)

And the links you have posted in that forum are:

http://www.touristaustralia.com.au/travelforum/default.asp

and

http://travelindependent.info/index.htm

What you should have been searching for is posts by user: itchy_feet in the travel forum which is under the heading of "rec" and then make sure you are searching for posts from the beginning and not just the last month:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 itchy_feet

Yes thank you qz, thats it, sorry I never even copped the help desk, maybe the mods will delete or move it. Thanks again.

Cormie, I clicked your link "here:) " but it brought up the same window, saying: "itchy_feet, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
    And yes, those were the sites I was looking for, thanks a million.

Hmm, that's strange. Maybe the search function has been disabled for anyone with under a certain amount of posts? I see you're just new. This could be it, I'm not sure:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I noticed this yesterday too that i couldnt view previous posts yet, i could a few weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

cormie wrote:
    Hmm, that's strange. Maybe the search function has been disabled for anyone with under a certain amount of posts? I see you're just new. This could be it, I'm not sure:confused:
    I can't search either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

DaveMcG wrote:
    I can't search either :(
    That's funny, I definitely can.

[edit] although I wasn't able to a few days ago.

cormie wrote:

No its not that cause soon after I joined and had made a post or two I accidently cliked on my name instead of the post I wanted to look at and inadvertedly got into my profile so I searched for my posts to get into the post I wanted (yes I am a bit slow and could've just hit the back button) and it brought them up straight away.
    faceman wrote:
    I noticed this yesterday too that i couldnt view previous posts yet, i could a few weeks ago:
    DaveMcG wrote:
    I can't search either:

I'm gonna make a post in the help desk forum, cause thats where qz said I sholda originally posted. Keep an eye on it and we should be able to search again soon.

itchy_feet wrote:
    I'm gonna make a post in the help desk forum, cause thats where qz said I sholda originally posted. Keep an eye on it and we should be able to search again soon.
    There is already one going in feedback about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

itchy_feet wrote:
    No its not that cause soon after I joined and had made a post or two I accidently cliked on my name instead of the post I wanted to look at and inadvertedly got into my profile so I searched for my posts to get into the post I wanted (yes I am a bit slow and could've just hit the back button) and it brought them up straight away.

deadly, cheers boss

• Advertisement

I didn't post in HelpDesk cause theres already this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054949976

in FeedBack which explains why some of us can't search our previous posts. It looks like if we want to use that feature we gotta subscribe. Ah well looks like I'll have to use my female intuition to decide if a poster is genuine or a troll.

I'm not subscribed, a mod or an smod or anything like that:confused: Just a regular user.

cormie wrote:
    I'm not subscribed, a mod or an smod or anything like that:confused: Just a regular user.
    Ditto.

looks the same for qz too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

The admins feel your special. ;)

Advertisement