Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

doing deliverys. wear/tear

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Repairing/replacing vehicles is only peanuts for insurance companies compared to settling personal injury claims resulting from accidents.

The reality check some posters on this thread including the OP need. An insurer will do anything in high-value cases to avoid having to pay. And if they do have to pay, they will sue and try and reclaim the money. The insurance dodger could very well end up having to pay them back the bulk of his/her disposable income. For life :eek:
    For fúcks sake, why is boards filled with these moral police that divert every subject to make the original poster out to be a criminal?

Imho, colm_mcm's remark has nothing to do with being on a high horse or being a member of the moral police. It is genuinely helpful as the OP didn't (and still doesn seem to) capture the consequences of a situation where there will be a large insurance claim

Perhaps you should cop on too and abandon the old Irish "ah sure it'll be grand" attitude. It ain't non-payment of a TV license we're on about here, dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

well after alot of thinking and weighing up the pros and cons i've decided that i'm going to ask my employer abut the insurace issue if she says its up to me to get it sorted, i'm gonna pack it in, 70 quid per night aint worth it if i have to pay out 0000's of euros in copm.

i'll have a chat to her this week and let ya know how i get on.

well at least we've solved one problem, no more wear and tear!!
    also thanks to the moral police :o

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We've just ruined someones life! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am glad someone has shown him the error of his ways.

shown him the error of his ways, and completely ignored his original question!

Good Job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Volvoboy wrote:
    i've been doing deliverys for the past while in mammys arosa..
    Volvoboy wrote:
    well after alot of thinking and weighing up the pros and cons i've decided that i'm going to ask my employer abut the insurace issue if she says its up to me to get it sorted, i'm gonna pack it in..

A bit puzzled now . . do you work for your mammy or were you driving her car on your employer's insurance?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

...and yes constant stop and start town deliveries will have a negative effect on the car.
    Extra wear & tear on clutch. Also short journeys are not great for the battery, and they ruin your mpg (so thats hard on the pocket & environment).

also, some posters have a point. The first response to a lot of questions in Motor thread seems to be to try and find a fault with the OP and then berate him/her. (eg, I was doing 120k in right-hand lane of motorway and car comes up behind me and flashes - response is 'what were you doing in right-hand lane? thats for overtaking only!) Its seems to be that if there is any fault on the part of the OP then the question is invalid and attracts rebuke.

Yes, you should have correct insurance if using car for business. But this guy is not driving without any insurance. Im not defending him, but lets have less of the moral police, eh? By and large, most of the posters and readers here are law abiding and conciencious. I dont think many skangers or boy racers or sucide merchants read this forum, so who are we trying to correct?

...oh, I bet I get a few responses to this post

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

....Yes, you should have correct insurance if using car for business. But this guy is not driving without any insurance. Im not defending him, but lets have less of the moral police, eh? By and large, most of the posters and readers here are law abiding and conciencious. I dont think many skangers or boy racers or sucide merchants read this forum, so who are we trying to correct?

...oh, I bet I get a few responses to this post

He would have insurance yes but it would be potentially voidable if a claim occured when doing deliveries.

You and others have mentioned the moral police, but it's more black and white than that. The op proposed to knowingly drive with inadequate cover. What's more others have backed him saying "they'll never find out" or similar, which is frankly frightening.

If a claim occured during his deliveries - say he knocked down a pedestrain - and injuries were €500,000, guess who pays?

Yes us mugs who properly pay our premiums.

Go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

esel- mams car and i'm a named driver.

Jaysus, if I was drivin my mams car without proper insurance and she found out she'd throw a wobbly!

• Advertisement
Advertisement