Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I Call Her?

• 25-06-2006 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'll try to keep it short. Basically, there's this girl who used to work in the same place I do. She left a couple of years ago. Anyways, we always used to be eye balling each other and smiling at each other and stuff, I was with someone at the time so never did anything about it. Anyways, I was out lastnight, and saw her heading into the club at the same time as myself, there was lots of eye contact and stuff, but I lost track of her for the night as the place was packed. Then, leaving the club, there she was again, we ended up kinda walking down the street together chatting for a little bit, then she went off with her friend to get a cab. At this point, my uber drunk friend gave me a very inspirational speech about how I should follow her and ask for her number. So, off I went on my merry way, all riled up to get her number. So, I walked up to her said hi, is there any chance I can get your number, she laughed, and just kinda took the piss outta me really, and eventually gave me her work number, and said to ring her on monday and she might give me her own number then. Thing is, she was acting kinda bitchy towards me when we were talking, although she did seem fairly drunk. Her friend seemed to think it was cute that I'd chance my arm like that, she kept calling out the phone number to me. Anyways, I don't know what to do now. Should I call her? Is she just taking the piss outta me or what? Any advice is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

call her.

whats the worse that can happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Hmmmm? wrote:
    I'll try to keep it short. Basically, there's this girl who used to work in the same place I do. She left a couple of years ago. Anyways, we always used to be eye balling each other and smiling at each other and stuff, I was with someone at the time so never did anything about it. Anyways, I was out lastnight, and saw her heading into the club at the same time as myself, there was lots of eye contact and stuff, but I lost track of her for the night as the place was packed. Then, leaving the club, there she was again, we ended up kinda walking down the street together chatting for a little bit, then she went off with her friend to get a cab. At this point, my uber drunk friend gave me a very inspirational speech about how I should follow her and ask for her number. So, off I went on my merry way, all riled up to get her number. So, I walked up to her said hi, is there any chance I can get your number, she laughed, and just kinda took the piss outta me really, and eventually gave me her work number, and said to ring her on monday and she might give me her own number then. Thing is, she was acting kinda bitchy towards me when we were talking, although she did seem fairly drunk. Her friend seemed to think it was cute that I'd chance my arm like that, she kept calling out the phone number to me. Anyways, I don't know what to do now. Should I call her? Is she just taking the piss outta me or what? Any advice is appreciated!

Bitchy? can you explain it a bit clearer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well drinking can make people fairly bitchy alright. :) Give her a call, no harm in doing so I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Oh dear god call her!!

There's no other answer....if she was just being a leading on bitch then you get a little embarassed. If (and this sounds more likely) she does like you and she just had a few drinks on her so wasn't the most charming company, it will work out and alls good!

DO IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Call her (and see if the number is real).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

dont call her.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

if the bitchyness is out of charactor for her then call her, anyway does she know your single now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

dont call her.

Why.....What's he got to lose ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Freedomfighter

She could have just been a bit embarressed, maybe you caught her off guard. Call her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

You're mate sounds like a legend :)

call her, whats the worst that could happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

call her. if she acts like a bitch still then, then ya wont be too interested in her and ya wont give two shíts after that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Call her for gods sake !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

call her.

whats the worse that can happen?

absolutely. Call her - you´ve got nothing to loose. Getting rejected wouldnt even be a lost battle as it needs courage to ring her. Follow your instinct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Abseil through the first floor window of her office block, while wearing a GI Joe outfit with a box of Milk Tray clutched to your chest.....Don't forget your calling cards and portable stereogram (new fangled ipodiphone thing) with a crappy 80's synth tune for good effect.....

Call her and stop being a big baby ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Call her.

If she ends up going out with you great, if not, you can put her out of your mind and start looking for the next piece of interest. :)

Don't call her, and it's gonna bug the hell outta ya. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Call her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Yep, give her a ring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭tonyinuae

She obviously fancies you like crazy - tell us what happened when you call, won't you? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭keizer

Call her, looks like she wants you to but she doesn't want to make it too easy on you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chazzy06

call her!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Why.....What's he got to lose ??

nthoing really. just thought i'd be different.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

for god sake be a man and call her - whats the worst that can happen :)

Advertisement