Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking support

Options
  • 25-06-2006 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of putting some decking down for the folks ,I was wondering is it possible to use the Steel bracket ,joist supports outside.
    They are things you would see on the joists in an attack ,the reason I was going to use them is because the back garden is higher than the back door ,you have to step down from the back door and then up steps to the back garden.

I thought I would take benefit of the wall and use it to screw the steel joist supports.

Anyone know what I'm on about and can help ??

Thanks

Brian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Yeh Brian they are galvanized so they will probably last longer than the decking timber!

Just doing the same job myself at the mo. Bought a load of "supposedly" pressure treated timber. When you cut throught the timber the preservative is only a mill or two deep into the timber, obviously hasn't been treated long enough or at high enough pressure. When you are buying the timber ask your supplier to cut the end off a timber for you to see what the quality is like, then wait for his reaction!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thanks ,hope everything works out for you

Brian.

Advertisement