Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6280 on vodafone?

• 25-06-2006 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, anybody have the date that it is released on vodafone?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jcranl00

Hi,
    Also thoes who have had the phone for a few months what do you think of it?
    Any problems that you dont like about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

well i emailed the buggers and they said they'd be back with an answer in 24 hours, that was two days ago so i'd lean on the no side:D

pisses me off cause i want one of these too, if they get back to me l'll let you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Good man, keeps us informed ;)

Might even drop them an e-mail myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Mid July is what i've heard, no date in particular though.

I ended up e-mailing vodafone, they got back to me and said it will be next month some time........can't wait to get a new phone!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Class looking phone. Thinkin of going on Ebay there about 200...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

BrynW wrote:
    I ended up e-mailing vodafone, they got back to me and said it will be next month some time........can't wait to get a new phone!!!!!

Next month as in August?

well the feckers still didnt get back to me ! that said i cant get on the site today due to "and essential system upgrade" :rolleyes: fair play to ya BrynW . looks like its either mid this month (july) or the begining of august. cant wait for this one, my old sonnyericcsons driving me mad. bloody joystick might look handy but you'll be lucky to get them to last the year!

by the way anyone notice its damn hard to get to see a decent demo model of this thing? damn scumbags keep breaking them, the "display" models in the shops are a joke

Pythia wrote:
    Next month as in August?

Well it was the end of June and the e-mail said next month some time so i'm hoping it's going to be July at some point :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

I've been onto vodafone customer care in regards this phone. They are now saying "due to software issues this handset will not be availible until September 2007". So it looks like the wait will have to continue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I got the 6634 in the meantime...it's okay..nothing special at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

it will be out september guys. and its sept 2006 not 07 J14. lol

Ah crap, anybody know when the 6131 is coming out on vodafone then!?

am i the only one who thinks its ironic that the phone with the best screen on vodafone wont be out till AFTER the period where you can look at free telly? ok i know theyre gonna give it away for a week or so if you buy one but really someone dropped the ball here. by the way i almost hate to ask this but does anyone know if its ready to go or bill pay? ive an awfull feeling its the latter given our luck with this phone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

by the way i almost hate to ask this but does anyone know if its ready to go or bill pay? ive an awfull feeling its the latter given our luck with this phone :D

it will, vodafone sell all phones on pre & post paid, bar blackberry & mobile connect cards.

2007, what was I thinking! My bad, damn stubby fingers. I need a Homer Simpson dialing wand! Yeah the email said September 2006.

it will, vodafone sell all phones on pre & post paid, bar blackberry & mobile connect cards.

thanks man, my fears a allayed. was looking at the phone again in carphone wearhouse, it really is a lovely phone and the screen size. its absolutly massive. particularly when you stick it next to the N 80. its a bitch of a wait but roll on september :D

Just to let everyone know. I just got this email from Vodafone. I was asking about the release date of the mythical nokia 6280.

"Thank you for contacting us with your query.

I have checked the launch date with our Support Department and they
    advised Vodafone will not be lauching the Nokia 6280. We apologise
    for the inconvenience caused.

If you have any further queries, please call us on FreeFone 1907 and
    we will be happy to assist you.

Yours sincerely

I really wanted this phone. I'm gutted now. I've been holding onto my upgrade since June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The Nokia 6280 has been offered by Vodafone in Germany what seems like years (though I'm sure it's less than that, as it hasn't even been around for that long). They sell it for €1 with a contract or contract renewal.

for ****s sake,does ANYONE in vodafone know what the **** they're doing? you can buy the bloody thing in the UK yet WE get jipped! **** em. ive been patient enough. if these muppets dont get their act together im swithcing to 3 :mad:

*edit. by the way i WAS going to complain by email to vodafone, but guess what? yup, the site's down AGAIN. im telling ya the whole company's ran by muppets !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

They won't launch it as they found bugs in the software. A buddy imported one, went to the shop asking about problems. The same problems he had stopped the phone from being sold here.

so how come they sell it in the UK? and how can 3 get it to work here and vodafone cant?

i'll be honest i was waiting for this phone to come to vodafone. if they're not gonna use it im switching to 3 who will. nothing in the current or upcomming line in vodafone appeals to me

by the way vodafone uk are updating their site so you cant access it after 11pm today. there was no such warning on vodafone ireland but i wouldnt be surprised if it the reason you cant get on them today either

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

A friend of mine bought this sim free from ebay. He got it a couple of days ago, I have since managed to get the vodafone live and his mms settings working on it, but I just cant get the Mobile TV going on it for him. Has any one else bought it sim free and manaded to get the 3g working on it on Vodafone.

i have a sneaking suspicion thats why vodafone arent stocking it. the only real difference between 3 and vodafone in terms of service is the mobile TV and seeing as theyre heavily promoting the tv aspect itd explain why it doesnt want to stock em. ah well at least i'll get 5c text for life on 3, i was interested in the mobile TV but i mainly wanted the phone for video capture and display anyway so its no real loss :)

Advertisement