Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newest addition to my lot

Options
  • 25-06-2006 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

I couldn't resist, he is so stunning. Meet Geronimo, yearling colt, who moved in yesterday. He's so laid back, he's almost asleep ;).

Jun23109.jpg

Sarah :):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

He is stunning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

Goodness, he's so beautiful! I adore horses, and would love to adopt one someday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

He's gorgeous!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous. I love his colours and markings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Il give ya a £100 pound for em boss ,tak ate or laave eh.

Only kiddin,nice horsey,markings are really cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Beautiful horse,
    I'll never forget learning to ride as a kid, wouldnt get on one now tho, prolly would break its back lol ;)

b

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

padi89 wrote:
    Il give ya a £100 pound for em boss ,tak ate or laave eh.

Hehehe, had to laugh at that. They usually ask me if the man of the house is home ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Nicely marked, what are you planning on doing with him?.

He'll get 2 years out easy with the other horses. I don't start training horses until they are at least 3 yro. He should make 14.2hh so he will be ideal as a saddle horse for me or maybe a bit of driving, depending on how he develops. He was well handled by his previous owner and follows me around like a dog, even into the box and back out, all without a rope or treats to tempt him. I have never in my life met a more easy going and well mannered yearling. I groomed him in the middle of the field and he lifted my shirt to check my trouser pockets for treats, the bugger :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

He looks like the horse in that film Hidalgo.

Check it out>http://www.darkhorizons.com/2004/hidalgo/hid5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Get him freeze marked and microchipped. He's lovely with great markings and nice coloured horses are like golddust now.

Where did you get him?

All my horses (and dogs) are chipped. I am well aware of the horse and dog theft thats going on and seems to be getting worse :(. That's why they are by my house. I try to keep tham as safe as I possibly can...

I got him from the breeder who is a friend of my OH ;).

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'd consider getting him freezemarked too! Its the best deterrent there is.

http://www.padlock-ireland.com/

Mine havent been done but they are bay and not quite so attractive to thieves (and behind security gates) and I cant afford it right now... they are chipped though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

Wow!! That is one beautiful animal...hope you have many happy days with him :D

Thanks for the freeze marking link, fits.

Padi, nice pic :). I hope Geronimo will behave better when his time under the saddle comes though :D.

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

nothin better than a friendly animal. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

beautiful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

cute little horsey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭imprezza

your really lucky to have such a lovely horse I want my parents to get one when we move house, I used to ride a lot when I was inschool and miss the smell of horses. oh that sounds wierd you horse lovers will know what I mean though. Lucky you enjoy your lovely horse Egar ( are you related to Kill-Egar in Enniskerry I used to ride there?)

Hi Imprezza,

no, EGAR stands for East Galway Animal Rescue :).

• Advertisement
Advertisement