Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement Speakers - '98 Punto

Options
  • 25-06-2006 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I'll keep this short and sweet,

My speakers in the 98 Punto are in ribbons. They come and go constantly and Im goin mad.

SO.. Can anyone give me the absolutely simple guide to replacing them? Nothing spectacularly boom box like, just the basics. We're talking both speakers on the front doors, and the two on the top of the dashboard (I can get the covers off with an allen key).

I think its the speakers and not the wiring because if you flick the paper part they come back to life for a sec.

Where would I buy them and would they be expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's unlikely that the tweeters on the dash need replacment.

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Speaker_adaptors/fiat.htm

you can get adaptors that will fit any generic speaker to your door cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I've measured them and they're 16.5cm which is about 6.5 inches. I went to Halfords in Dublin but they said they were an odd size, and the only pair they had were 120 euro. That'd double the value of the car!

I'll try get a normal set without having to get the brackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

why not ring a scrapyard and get them for little or nothing

Advertisement