Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD tv stand

• 25-06-2006 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hey, anyone know a good place to get a tv stand. I've got a 40" lcd samsung, and I'm looking for a tv stand that you mount the tv on that's black as against silver. Preferably one u can get in a shop in the dublin region.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Recently a mate of mine bought a 42" Plasma in <popular swords based electrical retailer - might be Australian>, lovely set and was chuffed with it but misses didn't like the old table it was mounted on. Off he goes to <popular swords based electrical retailer - might be Australian> again and buys a 2 tier glass table like the ones all the sets in the shop are mounted on. Brings it home and puts new TV on it and admires it. Lovely !!

Having dinner a couple of hours later and there's a sound like a box of gobstoppers falling anto a tiled floor and a loud crash follows by another crash ! Imagine his horror when he saw his new TV lying face down on a tiles floor surrounded by his DVD player (Now even slimmer than when it was bought), detachable speakers and hundreds of small glass fragments scattered all about the floor.

Needless to say the TV is borked. He is still in negotiations with the table maker and the store but neither wants to take the blame. Meanwhile he is down 2,700 quid and has no TV to watch the footy on ! Solicitors are armed and ready as we speak. He's also claiming for the damaged to the newly tiled floor.

Why am I telling you this ? So you know the possible problems associated with your future purchase. This table was supposed to be able to hold 90Kg - the set weighed just 45Kg!!

ZEN

Advertisement