Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grinds script

Options
  • 25-06-2006 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a script that divide people into categories for giving grinds i.e. maths, physics and people can rate the service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

You must be more specific.

If it is something small like this you could use the Recursive Category method. Simple enough but wn't work good with a lot of categories.

Is it PHP/MySQL?

More info please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

php mysql is fine it will have lots of categories,

basically is got to be a searchable database of people divided into categories each person must hav info price, location and a description with the ability for users to enter a review

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

You should forget about thinking of the people, as that will be a different table. You will have a parent id on each person identifying what category they part of.
    Category table will have a parent too, so basically you have a function that starts at parent 1 (root) and goes down through each category till the end. I'll give you a link to a good article later on...when ig et time to find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

does anyone know of any ready made script to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

hotscripts.com and search for category manager within the PHP section or similar

• Advertisement
Advertisement