Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording on a mac

Options
  • 25-06-2006 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I'm trying to use my line 6 pod to record on to my mac, all I have program wise is garage band which is not brilliant i know but will serve the purpose for what I want. all I need to do is to record guitar and bass riffs so to remember them. I'm using a midi/usb interface to hook up a keyboard which works fine and I can record that but what am I doing wrong that the pod doesn't work? I've never really used computers for recording before so any help would be great.

Cheers,
    Scooby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

you will need to set the audio input from the built in LIne in setting to the POD

done in system prefences or utility audio midi

the POD is just the one that plugs into an amp ? OR the USB interface one ?

Is the standard one then connect the output of this into the input of the USb audio interface and make sure audio in is set to your USB audio interface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Gixerscooby

its a pod 1. it plugs into the amp. the usb interface i'm using is a midi one I have that plugged into the midi in and out on the back of the pod. theres also no other options in the system prefrences for the audio in other than the built in mike

what is the make of USB interface , I'm thinking its just for MIDI and not audio

Also , what type of MAC do you have ? , most makes except the first mac mini have audio in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Gixerscooby

its an M-audio interface, its just midi. i'm using a G4 powermac

• Advertisement

Does the POD has a stereo /mono line out ? www.line6.com doesn't list the original POD as a lcegacy product

What model of G4 ? , if it only list built in MIc though it probably doesn't have an audio input , if it has a MIc , you could always mike up your guitar/bass amp if you have one and record it this way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Don't want to sound bad saying this, but learn the difference between audio and midi before you go any further.

It will save you a lot of hassle in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Along with the guitar effects that the Pod can do it will act as an audio to digital interface to let you convert your guitar playing to computer information that can be recorded as digital audio into Garageband. Your midi interface should not be connected to the Pod, only connected between your keyboard and the usb connection on your Mac and the two interfaces should be treated separately. If your Mac has a stereo line in probably 3.5" jack socket (it won't necessarily have one though) I reckon you should just record your guitar parts straight into the Mac - maybe only using a guitar amp (or even the pod with effects off) to increase the signal into the Mac's line in from the amp's line out socket - NOT the speaker output!, and then use the guitar effects in Garageband - they're pretty good and of course you can change or add them anyway you like cos you're using the dry guitar recording. If you do want to use the pod as an audio interface check in 'Audiomidi' set up in your utilities folder to see if the pod is recognised.

Advertisement