Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Integra Type R question?????

Options
  • 25-06-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

How the going people. just thinking about trading up to an integra type R from a vti civic and was just wandering about a few things. Is there any major differences between the 4 and 5 stud models, or 96-97 models cause i is getting about 6K of a difference for the 96 one.
    Cheers people.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Join http://www.manic-motorz.com/ and ask there, they will be able to tell you anything you need to know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

or you can try honda dedicated sites
    Irish
    www.jspeed.net
    www.hondadublin.com

UK
    http://www.hondarevolutions.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

gozsus wrote:
    How the going people. just thinking about trading up to an integra type R from a vti civic and was just wandering about a few things. Is there any major differences between the 4 and 5 stud models, or 96-97 models cause i is getting about 6K of a difference for the 96 one.
    Cheers people.
    thanks

There are lots of differences which prompted me to buy a 99 JDM Integra Type R. For example after 98 the JDM model has revised suspension and geometry, bigger brakes, 16" as opposed to 15" wheels, final drive in the gearbox was changed, HID (Xenon) lights etc. As it happens I'm seeling mine now as I need a diesel for my commute from Carlow. If you want any further info give us a shout.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What Lethal Dose said. The 98 spec on has the much better spec and definitely feels different. It's more stable around corners and the brakes are better. Torque is up too and has much less of a flat spot. Better fuel consumption as well(I must be getting old). They came in more colours too. As well as the white, red, and black, yellow and silver was added to the mix(the latter being the rarest colour of all).

I've driven a fair few of the type and one thing I would suggest is to try and test drive as many as you can. They can vary quite a bit even in standard form. The actual spec can vary a bit too. Some have no ABS, airbags or even high level brake light in rear window(like my one, suspect originally bought as a track car as price difference when new was minimal, sometimes dearer for the special order). The ABS version would be better as a daily driver IMHO as brakes are powerful and can lock up v easily. Rare ones even have a rear wiper as an option(v rare) Steer clear from too many non standard oily bits, unless you have someone you know with a lot of knowledge.(wrong forum for that last line, I'll be banned for being too standard and boring :))

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement