Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portugal vs Holland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

What a farce of a game. It really is an absolute joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I honastly can't call this game, but I think it could be the best match of the WC so far.

And you guys thought it was going to be a boring 0-0 draw.

---

Does anybody think that Carvalho wasn't MOM without a shadow of a doubt.

Another chance kuyt missed that Van Nist woulda put away.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Added time is atleast 6mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

6 extra minutes!

6!!!!!

The winner is....
    nobody :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

i feel sorry for the ref, both sets of players are a disgrace. tis a real shame as england now practically have a bye to the semis and they REALLY don't deserve to be there. scolari v sven round 3 hopefully sven will fvck it up again...

Aquos76 wrote:
    Cant be. The Ref has taken action over the incident so he cant be punished again.
    I don't think Figo was booked for the headbutt, I think he talked himself into a yellow card. Had the ref seen the incident, he would undoubtedly have sent him off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

nistelrooy must have fucked Van basten's wife. There really is nothing else I can think of for a manager to do something so career threatening and stupid.

I don't think Figo was booked for the headbutt, I think he talked himself into a yellow card. Had the ref seen the incident, he would undoubtedly have sent him off.

Possibly. You could be right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Only thing I've learned from this game is that I do not want Dirk Kuyt anywhere near Liverpool FC. Filthy player, some of his dives were just pathetic. Should have been sent off for those alone.

• Advertisement

george hamilton:

'talking of headers, i think the only other person worthy of that description here is marco van basten'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

fade2black wrote:
    nistelrooy must have fucked Van basten's wife. There really is nothing else I can think of for a manager to do something so career threatening and stupid.

LMAO:D

Did I read earlier in the Summer that liverpool were after Kuyt? On tonight preformance, they would be better off buying Heskey back.

4th red card!

Players are a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

and another

Roffle, Gio off now. Well done ref. :rolleyes:

Ah another Red card, for Van Bronckhorst

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Who is more likely to ref again this world cup, Poll or this guy?

That must be the image of the WC so far, 3 of the sent off players talking to each other, Deco and the 2 Dutch lads!

Although I thought sent off players had to leave completely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

all the sent of lads sitting together was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

Who is more likely to ref again this world cup, Poll or this guy?
    Dont think the ref could have done more to control this though ....

Gas, watching the sent off players from both teams watching the game together.

I'm happy Portugal won.

Van Basten is fired, and he ****ing deserves it for the anti-Ronaldo tactics and not bringing on Ruud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ronaldo had better be fit for the england game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Dear oh dear. 16 yellow cards.

• Advertisement

What a ****ed up game but heres looking forward to next Saturday evening.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Woo, I made a 3 quid profit on that game. Yaaaay...

That was ridiculous. This world cup has now had more red cards than any previously and it's still only half way through the 2nd round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Where does one even start?

I remembered why I never wanted Figo in a Liverpool shirt tonight.

Van Basten has been an idiot on a Sven scale, I can't stand Horseface but he had to be played tonight.

England will know how to beat Portugal- just rile them a bit!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

But all the yellows were deserved and others missed, not one player could complain about them.

kdjac

At the time of writing, no one was killed, so that's the main thing.

• Advertisement

marco van donkeys d!ck should be fired, sorry for language but that was ridiculous

Don't know where to even begin. Absolutely ridiculous match. These are the types of games you look forward to, on paper it should have been a classic. But a combination of trigger-happy refereeing, terrible sportsmanship and FIFA's bull**** new rules on booking anything that moves ruined it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How many Portugese will be missing next Saturday?

Mike.

Ronaldo looked fine running around there at the end of the game. He was even able to grab one of his team mates and lift him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Now we know how england can beat the portugeuse....drop high balls into the box with their keeper against crouch and they should easily get one or 2 against them. He was shocking.

16 yellows and 4 Reds. A new Fifa Record.

refsstiles.jpg

mike65 wrote:
    How many Portugese will be missing next Saturday?

Mike.
    Deco, Costinha, possibly Figo if there's a retrospective banning for his headbutt and Ronaldo if he doesn't recover from his dead leg.

Just to all of my nay-sayers,
    I also think Ronaldo will prove his aswell.
    I betcha Kuyt will have a poor game, simply cause of the way Holland play, he won't get enough service.

:P
    If only you could put bets on these sorta things.

In terms of Ronaldo.
    Ronaldo got an impact injury.
    It was treated instantly.
    And at the end of the match he was running without any pain and was moving quite easily, I think he will play, and him vs. Cole is always entertaining, but with Deco and Figo out, I think Ronaldo will go behind the front man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep I reckon Figo will be done for the headbutt. England will be strong favourites to win that game next Saturday.

Bloody disgraceful tackle on Ronaldo though, that should have been a straight red card, it was obvious that he was trying to (and succeeded) to injure the player.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    Just to all of my nay-sayers,

:P
    If only you could put bets on these sorta things.
    Well in fairness the reason Kuyt was **** is because he is, well, ****. Nothing to do with bad service. There were definately some chances that Ruud would have put away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Tsk tsk, poor show etc..... But I enjoyed that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

fade2black wrote:
    refsstiles.jpg

I was thinking that myself earlier, but didnt know the yanks name.

For me, that was the worst display of refereeing I have ever seen, making Graham Poll look moderatly competent.

Holland were awful, and once again their inability to get on has cost them. They have not performed at all at this World Cup, Van persie was having digs at players early on, as was Sneijder. Robbens diving was counter productive. And why wasnt RVN brought on? You silly silly man Marco. Cheerio.

England are definitely going to win the world cup.

ITV reckon that Figo cant be done again!

just to note aswell, how many portugal plaers are now carrying yellows?
    They could be missing half of their team for the semis aswell, or the finals aswell.

This is just a nuts match, nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well in fairness the reason Kuyt was **** is because he is, well, ****. Nothing to do with bad service. There were definately some chances that Ruud would have put away.

Yep he was very very poor, couldn't believe Van Basten didn't bring on RvN. I am sure teams are glad they didn't sign Kuyt before the WC because on that showing if they want him they should get him at a bargain basement price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Absolutely appalling match. Portugal are such bloody cynical footballers, it's unreal, the time-wasting was disgusting, the diving was horrendous. Not that Holland were much better, I'd say taking Ronaldo out at the start was premeditated.

And Holland played sh*te -- every time they got the ball it was long balls into the box, and nobody was able to do anything with them. That was the extent of their tactics!

Kuyt was terrible... Every shot he took went straight into the keeper's hands. Van Basten should be sacked, he is terrible -- why the hell did he bring on some nobody who's never scored an international goal, and leave Van Nistelrooy on the bench?! Absolute stubborn c*nt.

So yeh, appalling game. Portugal probably did deserve to win though, they were better footballers, Holland had no imagination and no tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

PHB wrote:
    just to note aswell, how many portugal plaers are now carrying yellows?
    They could be missing half of their team for the semis aswell, or the finals aswell.

Ricardo, Maniche, Figo, Petit and Valente were all booked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

fade2black wrote:
    refsstiles.jpg

Both excellent and giving comical performances. He should of taken graham poll's stance and waited till all the players clocked up 3 yellows before sending them off.

Still would of ended up with 4 players sent off though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

heard that with regards to figo's headbutt, its a double jeopardy situation, where he cant be punished for the same crime twice. it would be different if the ref claims to have booked him for something else tho....

Advertisement