Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Definitive guide for port forwarding Netopia 3347nwg????

• 25-06-2006 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Does anyone have a step by step guide for port forwarding this eircom router (Netopia 3347nwg) for azureus?

I dont want links to portforwarding.com because they dont have anything on this model.

It not the same as older routers in relation to the software set up.

If anyone knows anything i would be very grateful for any info, Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

johnnycool wrote:
    Does anyone have a step by step guide for port forwarding this eircom router (Netopia 3347nwg) for azureus?

I dont want links to portforwarding.com because they dont have anything on this model.

Have you read the Technical Note on the Netopia website about how to configure port forwarding on that model?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

johnnycool wrote:

ah I see you've been using Google :)
    Google "Netopia 3347nwg port forwarding"
    Gives you http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/3347nwg006.html
    which gives you http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/technotes/CQG_025.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johnnycool

Helpful as the links were the issue is with the software eircom use.

The eircom software layout is different to that shows on the netopia site. There is no pinhole option under advanced. It is possible to open a range of ports but i have tried numerous combinations with aand without a static ip and no joy.

Surely to god im not the only person in Ireland with an eircom line and this router, Does anybody know what their doing???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

johnnycool wrote:
    Helpful as the links were the issue is with the software eircom use.

The eircom software layout is different to that shows on the netopia site. There is no pinhole option under advanced. It is possible to open a range of ports but i have tried numerous combinations with aand without a static ip and no joy.

Surely to god im not the only person in Ireland with an eircom line and this router, Does anybody know what their doing???

Hi JohnnyCool,

Ive a number of port forwarding setup on my router, if you click on Custom Services > Define Custom Service > Port Forwarding:
    Range of Ports Forward a range of WAN ports to an IP address on the LAN > Enter a service name (bit torrent) > Port range (think its 8330 - 8339 ?? Bit torrent client generally tells you) > Base port is what your bit torrent prog is looking for > UDP > Next

This should bring you back to the main page, click in your dropdown box and goto the bottom, what you made should be there; point it to your desktop on the lan and add it.

You should be working then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johnnycool

Cheers Blitz ,
    Il give it a whirl later and see what happens, wouldnt mind but i just opened ports for my mate 2 months ago on the exact same router and cant remember what i did, starting to crack up

• Advertisement
Advertisement