Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Joys Of Shaving Legs

• 25-06-2006 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi i am just back Cycling after about 2 years off the bike and i just shaved my legs and when it grew back the pain was someting else can anyone help me because i cant keep doing this all want to do is shave and leave it a few days and shave again PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ I need help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

I need help

That is the first step to recovery....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

That is the first step to recovery....:D

What

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

crashoveroid, I'd suggest modifying your sig as it breaks the signature rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

I don't think that leg-shaving is particularly helpful for a smooth ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I believe the reason for leg shaving is if you crash it is easier for the medical units to attend to the wounds on your legs,if any.Correct me if I am wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I think you're on the right topic there wideangle. Another reason is that when you scab over (lovely, eh?) then you don't have hairs getting caught up in the wound, which can cause lots of pain and trouble later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

According to what I've heard before (I can't remember but I think it was Johan Musseuw who I read an interview with discussing this very topic) there are 3 reasons for cyclists shaving their legs.
    Wideangle and Trojan have described the first, the second reason is that it's supposed to be easier for the massuers to massage the muscles and tissue with clean-shaven legs.
    And the third reason, and this is the one they don't mention so much but is the main reason for some people, is that they look better with clean shaven legs, because you can see the leg muscles more clearly so it looks more impressive. And if you look good, you feel good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

da_deadman wrote:
    According to what I've heard before (I can't remember but I think it was Johan Musseuw who I read an interview with discussing this very topic) there are 3 reasons for cyclists shaving their legs.
    Wideangle and Trojan have described the first, the second reason is that it's supposed to be easier for the massuers to massage the muscles and tissue with clean-shaven legs.
    And the third reason, and this is the one they don't mention so much but is the main reason for some people, is that they look better with clean shaven legs, because you can see the leg muscles more clearly so it looks more impressive. And if you look good, you feel good...

Well i know the reason's for shaving legs one. in wet weather it stop dirt geting in to hair. the second reason if you have a fall for treatment and healing and the third it look's good LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

it look's good LOL

especially if you're a closet tranny and need a good excuse! :D

Seriously though, I've had two bad leg wounds in five years (admittedly I don't race...) so I wonder if the trouble of shaving is really worth it? hairy legs look manly, according to the g/f...

If you really want to look 'good' get your legs waxed! that way you're less likely to get ingrown hairs etc...

Advertisement