Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shopping online

Options
  • 25-06-2006 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Does anyone knows US online shop ,which do delivery to IRE for reasonable price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i think newegg does there the best shop in the usa to buy off also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

ricka05 wrote:
    Does anyone knows US online shop ,which do delivery to IRE for reasonable price?

Customs in ireland are going to rape you :cool: , its not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Customs in ireland are going to rape you :cool: , its not worth the hassle.

There are ways around this, damm public forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Assuming your buying an GFX or Motherboard(big box any bigger is dearere so no cases :D ) its 40 quid to get it sent from any Local US Post Office in 3 days from a choice of companies (SDS DHL etc:)

Whoever puts it into the Post office a family member or mates family member who the items were delivered too mark it as Birthday gift and stick a Birthday card in it too and a sticker saying value under €100(delivery is free on newegg somtimes to US big states)So your still paying whatever it said on the website. Y=They can also remove the outer carton and just send the brown box.

Then you can get one of those bundles (SLI mobo and 2 7900s for under $1000 (€600ish) and add €40 to delivery.

7950 GX2 €470.747 EUR

komplett same card €622

40 shipping and 10 on komplett.

Worth it for high end stuff.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Dont forget though they might add Tax onto the goods if shipped to certain states.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

it is worth it to buy stuff from the states and even legitimate shops send packages with a lower amount declared so it gets through customs, pc P+C did this aswell as 1 or 2 others

as was mentioned it is worth it for expensive items.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

lets see if I can get away with this.

Get it sent to somebody in the states. Get them to state on the package that it is a Rma being returned. You cant pay taxs on something that has already been taxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

www.monarchcomputer.com is where i got my rig from 18 months ago when 6800 ultras cost $400, or €600 here so there are considerable savings on new hardware

krazy_8s wrote:

Get it sent to somebody in the states. Get them to state on the package that it is a Rma being returned. You cant pay taxs on something that has already been taxed.

Thats another way, i cant trust my sister with anything that complicated tho :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Does anyone know how long it takes for overclockers to deliver? i ordered stuff last thursday. komplett arrived tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

It took 5 days for me to poot my hands on 1900xt.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

ya it came today, thanks, i was gettin worried :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

krazy_8s wrote:

Well I was talking about local taxes,Newegg is in California and If I wanted to get something delivered to my bro-inlaw who lives there at end of my checkout with newegg they have this local tax amount,something like $30-40 on top of price...So if its out of state you wont be charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

awhir wrote:
    i think newegg does there the best shop in the usa to buy off also.

Nope they dont deliver to Ireland. I would offer to help you out OP but I'd be afraid you (or me) would be busted by customs. I'm living in the US and use them nearly ever second week or so.

Should sticky this with the relevant info provided.

:)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

good idea only if there were some mods (for this area)online around here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Just wondering,when you get something of ebay from america is there a chance you will have to pay all of these fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Just wondering,when you get something of ebay from america is there a chance you will have to pay all of these fees?

bottom line.... yes

there is always a chance you will have to pay all custom/import taxes on it if it is over a certain value, i think if it is over $200 or thereabouts

Advertisement