Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bal-Sagoth

• 25-06-2006 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

I bought the Chthonic Chronicles a few days ago and am listening to it right now.

Has anyone else discovered this hillarious band, or have any suggestions to their best album?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

yeah i picked it up as well and liked it a lot.
    i think the general consensus from BS fans is that it is not as good as previous albums.it has been mentioned to me before to get Battle Magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Never heard of them but I guess from their title they are some kind of parody metal act?

I know Maiden and Metallica have previously used Lovecraftian Cthulhu quotes and titles as inspiration for their work.

Tell me more, I'm curious...

Yes, I'm aware that "Lovecraftian" is a made up adjective ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Lovecraftian is a perfectly acceptable.

I'm not sure it is parody. They've got their own mythos, inspired by Uncle HP and Edgar Rice Burroughs and suchlike. It's hugely entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've got their albums The Power Cosmic and Atlantis Ascendant. Saw them live a few years ago too, they're quite good. Very pompous and ridiculous subject matter, but good music none-the-less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Have heard bits of songs. They seem excellent. Am looking forward to purchasing an album. Any suggestions as to which to start with?

• Advertisement
Advertisement