Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

viewing other peoples threads

Options
  • 25-06-2006 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

pm., you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Didnt know where to post this, but when i go to view past threads i get that message, it use to work fine, any idea whats wrong :confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Moved from comp/tech.
    This is due to our restricting access to the advanced search options in order to keep the load it generates down as it was effectively crippling the servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Restircting or taking away the feature completely??

How does one get unrestricted from searching??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Only Subscribers, Mods, Hmods, Cmods, Smods and Admins for now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What is the lick to what he can not access?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

This is a family website.

• Advertisement

Click on a random user name. 'Find all posts by X' is disabled for most users.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Regi wrote:
    This is a family website.
    Damn freudians. :(
    Click on a random user name. 'Find all posts by X' is disabled for most users.
    I know of at least one 'normal' person it works for.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I call for a ban from Spell Czechs, effective immediately!

It's secret Feedback code, you wouldn't understand. Regi will now meet me in Dublin at midnight. His reply was to confirm this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Yeah, wtf, I always get that? I cant view peoples posts and can't go onto some forums, like the Sex one!

Are new members blocked by default?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

abetarrush wrote:
    Yeah, wtf, I always get that? I cant view peoples posts and can't go onto some forums, like the Sex one!

Nope just those who cannot read.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

abetarrush wrote:

You have to subscribe to get into the sex and sexuality forum. Methinks its boards way of getting more subscribers........and its probably working....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There's a normal person on boards.ie? When did this happen?

Asok wrote:
    Nope just those who cannot read.
    Classic :D

abetarrush, look at the sticky
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=297556

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

*does happy dance*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Is there any plan to re-introduce this feature to all members in the near future? It was a very useful tool to decide whether a post is worth replying to or not: If they have a history of making controversial/ stupid statements (how Id love to type some names here:D ) then dont reply and if they seem like a regular person then Id usually add a comment and it would usually be a worthwhile debate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

i think it's good not to enable this feature... make a hard life for stalkers... :D

Advertisement