Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sample TOS ep with new CGI -

• 25-06-2006 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭

Ripped this off straight from trekweb.com but IMHO the vids are well worth seeing -

In 2003, Paramount proposed redoing the special effects for the original "Star Trek" series and rereleasing the episodes as "Star Trek Enhanced". Two CGI firms redid the effects for the teaser, the opening credits and title, and the first two acts of The Doomsday Machine as a proof-of-concept with no changes to the acting or the story.

The story

Vid 1

Vid 2

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Eurgh... if they can digitally remaster the inside of the ship to get rid of all those clunky flashing buttons and levers... replace the irritating ship sounds etc.. then we'll talk ;)
    Otherwise leave it alone IMO.
    I'd prefer to watch the originals intact, exactly as they were seen back in the day... at least then there's some (recent) historic interest.
    I never really got into the original series though, saw a few as a kid, but if they're not being shown on tv stations I have, then I ain't seeing them.
    Still... even with new CGI I don't think it'd be prime-time material... so it's not like you'd be bringing TOS to a generation that missed it... I grew up with repeats of it on bbc2, but even I'd be struggling to ignore the ultra-cheesy interiors/uniforms/sounds/etc... things the cgi doesn't address at all.

I agree. There is no need to refit the graphics for the series. Some of the ship exterior scenes are a little gritty, but that is part of the joy of watching the show - its not in perfect quality - its a classic!

While the new look CGI is really nice, it definately doesn't fit into the episode - if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

.....replace the irritating ship sounds ....

Sorry DonkeyStyle, you are barred from Star Trek for all eternity. (and beyond) ;)

Advertisement