Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubanning Rooferpete

Options
  • 25-06-2006 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

I want to see rooferpete unbanned , to explain his side of the story. All I see here today is avoiding the straight foreward questions. Why cant Rooferpete be allowed his right of reply

Who here wants to see this man unbanned for airing his personal opinions. This guy is probably the most knowledable person here in Ireland about all aspects of roofing and many other areas about trades in general.

He really deserves to be unbanned to have a right to express his side of the story! Everyone deserves the right to that!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

This is not the correct method or forum to bring this up.

pm the mod or bring it to feedback or the helpdesk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I wish to see Pete unbanned and this whole situation to be forgotten, not that I think this thread is going to achieve its aims no matter how many people support pete.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I beleive that If I bring it to feedback that 99% of people there wont have a clue as to whats going on and why I would like him unbanned.

Also the mods have said what they said and they dont appear to want give rooferpete the right to a fair trial and give his side of the story to all us out here but I could also be wrong...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Its a privately owned site, not a public site, so no-one really has the right to a fair trial or any trial.

He was threatening boards with legal action. That sounds fairly serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Silverfish wrote:
    i doubt he meant it, he was probably just upset the way it degenerated. he should be unbanned and explain his actions. hes done enough to deserve a second chance.

• Advertisement

Ya it is fairly serious! I wouldn't like to see any legal being bought agains boards. God I'v spent so many countless hours here and it would be a shame to see that happen.

rooferpete surely must be allowed the right to express his side of the story! I by all means meant rooferpete sitting in front of a judge and jury to plede his side! Sorry if that's how I came across!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Silverfish wrote:
    Its a privately owned site, not a public site, so no-one really has the right to a fair trial or any trial.

If it were a private site then it would be invite only(like some sections of the public forum). It's considered a public forum because any member of the public can join.

Yes, he may have threatened boards with legal action, but does anyone know why??? I'm sure the 'public' would like to know!

And I don't think this IS feedback. This post is specific to this forum and is not giving feedback, if anything the people are looking for Feedback.. from Rooferpete!!!

Deb

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

rooferPete will not be unbanned.

If he wishes to state his case he can do so in the Prison forum, I gave him access to it.

Kind of a catch22 there with those two sentences really isn't it? Just like the Catch22 we have with rooferPete here: he stays and then he puts legal action onto boards and threatens its existance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Was it something to do with his existance and his new business he set up(Wood pellet burners),Misterfixit and something about fraud?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Gordon wrote:
    he stays and then he puts legal action onto boards and threatens its existance.
    on what grounds?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Rooferpete has earned the right to explain himself.

I want to know why he was banned , and so do a lot of other posters.

From the poll numbers I would imagine that 80..yes 80 other people feel the same . Are they entitled to an answer to this appalling situation.

We need to get this sorted now .

kadman

see gordon's post.

It's all sorted now, he's banned.

I've explained the ground for his ban already.

I remember Rooferpete posting a thread about *Defrauding* I think it has been deleted. I think he was standing his ground,rats cant really remember much about it because I flicked through it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Debracd wrote:
    If it were a private site then it would be invite only(like some sections of the public forum). It's considered a public forum because any member of the public can join.

Yes, he may have threatened boards with legal action, but does anyone know why??? I'm sure the 'public' would like to know!

And I don't think this IS feedback. This post is specific to this forum and is not giving feedback, if anything the people are looking for Feedback.. from Rooferpete!!!

Deb

It is privately owned. That is all.

The public do not need to be concerned why he was banned, he was and that's it. It is not the job of the site admins and moderators to unban people to plead their cases, and to try and understand the reasons they did what they did - its not a support group, its a forum.

He did something wrong, he was banned, if he is unbanned, he may threaten legal action again, and put boards.ie at risk.

prove to me that he threatened legal action? I would like to see any pm where he has threatened it? Why should anyone here believe he threatened it without hearing it from him!?!??????

I'm not going to believe it until I see proof from some mod or him! Prision break me ass! How many people here even know of it? It's practicaly none existant.. I have never stood foot in there and tonight is the first time I have heard of it!

Why not unban him? Would you Gordon like to be sitebanned and not allowed to give you side of the story or tell if the mods rumour is fact or fiction? I seriously doubt you would like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pitstop

Agree regarding Kadman/RooferPete - not saying anything else on the subject as I'll get bored while WWM quotes from it selectively!

My constructive suggestion is:

Debs - give em the link your your DIY page, will ya!!

Kadman/RooferPete - we have the tea on for ye!

Pitsy!

galwaydude,18, what makes you think that I have never been sitebanned from boards.ie for thinking that it is my god given right to post whatever I wish on this privately owned site?

nobody has to prove diddly to you, Galwaydude18

To be honest with you Gordon ye mods are out of line to ban him like this! The biggest reason I say this is that ye have not come up with one single bit of evidence to prove the threat of legal action that ye say rooferpete has threatened?

• Advertisement

mad m wrote:
    Was it something to do with his existance and his new business he set up(Wood pellet burners),Misterfixit and something about fraud?

No offence Mad m but THIS is exactly why he should be allowed to state his case where he most frequently posts. When things are implied and left to peoples imaginations then there's no end to what may come of it.

To be honest with you Gordon ye mods are out of line to ban him like this! The biggest reason I say this is that ye have not come up with one single bit of evidence to prove the threat of legal action that ye say rooferpete has threatened?
    I think you should take this to the conspiracy theory forum.

However, I think that even if you had proof you would still want rooferPete back wouldn't you?

Well in Fairness Galwaydude if it was done through PM then they can't really print it, as PM stands for PRIVATE message. And it would probably be some kind of breech of Privacy(which they probably could be sued for!) but to leave it so open can't be good either!

Deb

Well ye are making serious allegaitions against rooferpete here and are not willing to prove what so ever that he ever or even threatened anything like this!

What are you saying that you have been sitebanned before and then registered under this name so that you could back on here? If so then you are breaking rules here on boards!

Debracd wrote:
    No offence Mad m but THIS is exactly why he should be allowed to state his case where he most frequently posts. When things are implied and left to peoples imaginations then there's no end to what may come of it.

Sure I know,all I remember is like I said,Pete came on here because of something about Misterfixit and something about defrauding the SEI scheme that was setup for a grant for the woodpellet burners. That post he made is now deleted,that was more or less the last time I seen him post.

well if this is the case I will personally ring rooferpete and ask him for his permission to have he pm's posted up here so that we can see what he said!

gordon assumption is a dangerous thing! How do you know that I would still want him back even if I had proof? There you go again making decisions and accusations with providing proof and evidence?!

gordon assumption is a dangerous thing! How do you know that I would still want him back even if I had proof? There you go again making decisions and accusations with providing proof and evidence?!
    I can't understand if that was a question or a statement, sorry.

I asked you a question with my assumption of what your thoughts were, feel free to prove me wrong and stand me corrected.

And feel free to ring rooferPete, but it won't get him unbanned. He can plead his case in Prison.

I would like to know how you can come the decision that I would still want him back even if I had proof? I haven't stated either way if I would or wouldn't! I just want to seen unbaned to give his side of the story!

• Advertisement

I would like to know how you can come the decision that I would still want him back even if I had proof? I haven't stated either way if I would or wouldn't! I just want to seen unbaned to give his side of the story!
    It's my gut feeling.

Feel free to tell me that my gut feeling is wrong about you.

If you were provided with the evidence that rooferPete wished legal action on boards - how would you answer to that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement