Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubanning Rooferpete

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

mad m wrote:
    Sure I know,all I remember is like I said,Pete came on here because of something about Misterfixit and something about defrauding the SEI scheme that was setup for a grant for the woodpellet burners. That post he made is now deleted,that was more or less the last time I seen him post.

the post can be viewed by putting
    rooferpete sei
    into google and clicking on CACHED under the first result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

well what use is gut feeling if you cant come up with 110% proof that I would still want him back? I would answer it when I see the oth proof! Until then I cant and wont give you an answer to that question!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

lomb wrote:
    the post can be viewed by putting
    rooferpete sei
    into google and clicking on CACHED under the first result

Wow,so you can.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

mad m wrote:
    Wow,so you can.
    the wonders of google storage space, no one can erase the truth;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Gordon wrote:
    galwaydude,18, what makes you think that I have never been sitebanned from boards.ie for thinking that it is my god given right to post whatever I wish on this privately owned site?

Well if you have then a 'Prison break' is obvously possible?!?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

well what use is gut feeling if you cant come up with 110% proof that I would still want him back? I would answer it when I see the oth proof! Until then I cant and wont give you an answer to that question!
    I see, so you're avoiding the question by not answering it. Fair enough, I wasn't trying to force you to answer me. To be honest, your opinion on this doesn't matter to me personally as rooferPete is banned and the case is closed in my eyes.

People have been unbanned from a siteban Debra, it's rare but it has happened.

Great PR there Gordon, the publics opinion doesn't matter to you:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Thus far the Cat mod Whitewashman and Gordon the smod are in agreeance with the actions of Delly and when things escalted it was the smod that made the site ban.

If you want to take this matter further then do so in the correct place to get the site admins ( the owners of this site ) to review the site and forum ban.
    That place would be the feedback forum there is a thread there on this matter already.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2054951241

I'm not avoiding your question! It's not fair of you to ask for an answer like that witout providing me with all the evidence and letting me give a firm answer then!

Hi Theadydal :)

I've seen it alright. But as I said before, it's very relevant to this forum. Should it not stay where it really belongs???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Debracd wrote:
    it's nothing to do with PR...your opinion doesn't count for anything. This is a private site upon which the owners allow you to post....they've delegated to the supermods to make sure none of the posters gets the site in trouble.

exactly where does your public relations come now? No where and you have stated that you dont care about my opinion! So what about everyone elses?Do you not care about their opinions on the other diy threads as well?

Debracd wrote:
    If that's the way you see this then I really think that you haven't been reading everything.

rooferPete was sitebanned for threatening legal action on this website. To be honest, I think I'm actually trying to protect the public that frequent boards. Call me crazy, but that's the way I see it.

Well that's encouraging!!! So nobodies opinion counts bar the owners??? Well that's just peachy isn't it!

The only opinion that counts is that of the admin and the supermods.

all i'm trying to do is tell you this.

My opinion is i don't give two flying ****s about roofer pete or whether he was a good poster or not but if he threatens the existence of this site then he can go **** himself....again this opinion is my own and counts for nought.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Debracd wrote:
    Well that's encouraging!!! So nobodies opinion counts bar the owners??? Well that's just peachy isn't it!

Well, its worked so far.

If someone came in to your house and demanded you changed your wallpaper would you do it? Would you value their opinion and give in to their demands?

I very much doubt it.

Gordon, I can't imagine banning someone for saying something out of frustration would encourage them NOT to sue boards! If anything it would exacerbate their frustration with the system and encourage them to take things further!

Now that's just my opinion.. ya know.. the one that doesn't count??

ruggiebear what are you posting here for then if you dont give two flying ****s about roofepete then?

Gordon well are you going to come up with any proof or not for me and many others as well!

Silverfish wrote:
    Well, its worked so far.

If someone came in to your house and demanded you changed your wallpaper would you do it? Would you value their opinion and give in to their demands?

I very much doubt it.

Well if it was an interior designer knowledgeable in their trade then yes I'd consider it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Debracd wrote:
    Hi Theadydal :)

I've seen it alright. But as I said before, it's very relevant to this forum. Should it not stay where it really belongs???

Because there is a process for handling these things when they happen and that is it is disscused and dealt with in the feedback forum where the site owners
    will read that thread and not this one and review the matter.

Here is it is off topic and the mod and cat mod would be well with in thier rights
    to close both the current threads and send them to the recycle bin and they don't have a place in this forum under it's charter.

Debracd wrote:

When it boils down to it yes as they own the site but they are for the most part generous and fair minded people.

• Advertisement

Debracd wrote:
    Gordon, I can't imagine banning someone for saying something out of frustration would encourage them NOT to sue boards! If anything it would exacerbate their frustration with the system and encourage them to take things further!

Now that's just my opinion.. ya know.. the one that doesn't count??
    So if a member of irishwomenonline said something that threatened the existance of irishwomenonline, if they threatened legal action against irishwomenonline - would you want them to stick around your site?
    Debracd wrote:
    Well if it was an interior designer knowledgeable in their trade then yes I'd consider it :)
    :D

ruggiebear what are you posting here for then if you dont give two flying ****s about roofepete then?

because i can.

Debracd wrote:

And if you decided not to, and they whinged and demanded you did, then you'd give in and change your privately owned home to keep this stranger happy?

Ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mur

Im a knowledgable interior designer and I say bring Pete back!

Well Gordon our forum is young and thankfully we haven't had that problem as yet. But I'd hope that myself and the mods would have the tact required to deal with the situation without resorting to slanging matches and a WE RULE so F U attitude!

Silverfish wrote:
    And if you decided not to, and they whinged and demanded you did, then you'd give in and change your privately owned home to keep this stranger happy?

Ok.

Well I'd assume I'd be paying for the service I was receiving..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Well I can assume( I know Im assuming) but after doing the search and reading what Rooferpete had to say about deleted post about the SEI scheme and if you do a search for mysterfixit blog on google,you can do a columbo and figure out what happened(Im assuming remember).

Its pity I know what happened but there you go,Seems Pete's last activity was sometime yesterday on his profile.

So pete if your not logged in and reading this.Goodluck in future.

Debracd wrote:
    Well I'd assume I'd be paying for the service I was receiving..

I think you don't know what I mean. You are on this privately owned site, making demands from its owners, which you have no right to do.

Understand?

Nothing is going to change just because you stamp your feet and demand it.

Debracd wrote:
    Well Gordon our forum is young and thankfully we haven't had that problem as yet. But I'd hope that myself and the mods would have the tact required to deal with the situation without resorting to slanging matches and a WE RULE so F U attitude!

Well good luck with your forum and if/when it is a success, see how much tact you can use when someone threatens to sue you, get your site closed and cost you a fortune.

• Advertisement

Debracd wrote:
    And I think delly did great, he handled himself very well. And then rooferPete threatened legal action.

So, I need to ask again. Debracd - if you still maintained perfect tact without slanging matches and a FU attitude towards the poster that threatened your forums existance - would you want the poster to stay posting on your forum?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement