Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubanning Rooferpete

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Debracd wrote:
    Well Gordon our forum is young and thankfully we haven't had that problem as yet. But I'd hope that myself and the mods would have the tact required to deal with the situation without resorting to slanging matches and a WE RULE so F U attitude!

This matter was already disscussed in the moderators forum which is why
    Whitewashman as Catmod and Gordon as Smod became invovled.
    IF you are serious about pursuing this matter further up the chain of command then you need to use the right channels and use the feedback forum to communicate to the site admins and owners.

Now if a mod of this forum, a catmod or a smod could lock these threads and
    let the demands be aired in the right place which is the thread in feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Thaedydal wrote:
    use the feedback forum to communicate to the site admins and owners.

Now if a mod of this forum, a catmod or a smod could lock these threads and
    let the demands be aired in the right place which is the thread in feedback.
    i did suggest this in post 2:) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Well instead of locking it why not just move it to feedback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Silverfish.. I'm not stamping my feet! I'm airing my opinion :)

Thanks for the good wishes Ruggiebear :)

And Gordon, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it! But as I said before, I can't actually SEE why rooferpete was banned other than the 'he threatened the sites existance' line that's being given, and I'l like to know how :)

Deb

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Debracd wrote:

And Gordon, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it! But as I said before, I can't actually SEE why rooferpete was banned other than the 'he threatened the sites existance' line that's being given, and I'l like to know how :)

Deb

He threatened legal action against boards.ie. Legal action which would cost money, which may put boards in debt, which may cause the site to close, which would threaten its existence.

banlist

• Advertisement

Thanks Theadydal(that's sooo hard to type! lol)

We'll give that a go. But the post of Feedback seemed to be met with sarcasm, maybe we can manage to change the tone of that one and have it treated seriously.

Deb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

We were put in the position to make these decisions for the admins. If a user decides that they must threaten the site with legal action then in my opinion they are forfeiting their ability to post on the site. EDIT: Expanding on this as there were a few posts in while i was typing this, If a user threatens legal action they are threatening the site with a costly and drawn out process which would cause quite alot of financial pressure for boards.ie and its owners. Therefore we consider it to be a very heavy threat to throw around despite it being commonplace in todays society. So I hope people understand why users access to the site is removed instantly once they make this sort of threat as a matter of zero tolerence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mur

Ok quick question Im confused...Silverfish do you own/admin this site?

Oh just the name Silverfish gives me the creeps,I once had some in my bedroom:eek:

Silverfish, I DO understand that he threatened to sue... but to be honest I threaten to divorce my husband on a 'monthly' basis.. it doesn't mean I really want to divorce him though! lol

We all say and do things we don't mean in the heat of the moment.. I can't imagine Rooferpete would really want to distroy something he holds a high regard for!

Deb

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Debracd wrote:

Deb
    I understand, you can't answer my question either.

• Advertisement

Absolutely Gordon, because thankfully it hasn't happened yet and I ain't no Una Powers!! But the 'rooferpete' situation has already happened iykwim?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Mur wrote:
    Ok quick question Im confused...Silverfish do you own/admin this site?
    :

No.

Well it's good to know that if you are in the same position, then you may (or may not) decide to ban someone for the same reasons as we banned someone.

That's cool with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

@Debracd

Well seeing as you might be Petes sister,surely you must know what happened and can shed some light on the whole affair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Debracd if your brother wanted to clear his name and get his acess restored then I suggest he contact the sites admins himself.
    Their information is advailible on the biki.

I wish I did know Mad M! I've been trying to contact him since yesterday and haven't been able to!

I got a PM from someone to say he had been banned, and when I heard it why I though Jayyyysus!

I really don't believe that he could have meant it in any way shape or form. Or I'd have backed off and hung my head long ago!

Deb

Thanks Thead, I'll email him again in the hope that he answers and point him in that direction!

Deb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

I read the original post that Pete was supposed to have threatened legal action against boards. I thought he was hoping (not threatening) that legal action be taken against 'MysterFixIt's blog, not boards.

I read the original post that Pete was supposed to have threatened legal action against boards. I thought he was hoping (not threatening) that legal action be taken against 'MysterFixIt's blog, not boards.
    He wished legal action upon boards and delly.

As in a 'I hope you get done for that!' Kinda thing???

Not playing dumb here.. I really don't know! lol

• Advertisement

Hohoho!

No. As in - I will take legal action against boards and delly.

Oi! Watch who you're callin' a Ho! lol

Roight.. well that isn't like him to be honest. He did say in one of his posts that there was a personality clash mind you:rolleyes:

LOL!!!123 I should have said hoe hoe hoe seeing as we're in the gardening forum!!!2!

Well, I think that clears up everything.

If Only!!! Ya do realise this means I'll actually have to ring him instead of PMing??? Ahh g'wan.. you'll have to let him back in for the sake of me phonebill! lol

Hehehe, nah sorry, to unban him is to risk a possibility of boards being shut down!! :D lol, no can do Debra.

Sure, get him to post on yer site!! ;) He probably won't threaten legal action against you as you're his sis!!! :)

Why did someone else threaten to sue boards if he was let back in?? lol

He may just do that ya know! Slap up a referral in the announcements section! lol

Gordon wrote:
    He probably won't threaten legal action against you as you're his sis!!! :)

Ya never know;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Debracd wrote:
    Why did someone else threaten to sue boards if he was let back in?? lol

He may just do that ya know! Slap up a referral in the announcements section! lol
    Contact him and get him to post on your site, I love a bit of controversy.

Think that was said about 3 posts ago BMH lol Where've ya been???? lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Debracd wrote:
    Think that was said about 3 posts ago BMH lol Where've ya been???? lol
    It was, and you seemed to sort of dodge the question so I thought I'd pose it again.You've also done it again by the way.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement