Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubanning Rooferpete

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Sorry didn't see a question just a suggestion!

What's the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Debracd wrote:
    Sorry didn't see a question just a suggestion!

What's the question?
    Bah, I knew I should have said suggestion but then I couldn't "pose" it and I've always wanted to do that.:D

Seriously though, dodge number 3?

If you're suggesting that I get Pete onto IWOL I'll give it a go! lol

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Moving to feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Delly there you go again! Throwing you weight around the place! What use it here when the good people in the fourm will know the crack and the people over here in feedback wont!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Delly there you go again! Throwing you weight around the place! What use it here when the good people in the fourm will know the crack and the people over here in feedback wont!
    galwaydude18, I think everybody knows the situation by now. Fact is I can't unban him, or anybody else on the DIY forum, so why not place the thread in its proper place. Fair enough you have problems with me, but don't close your eyes to the proper way of going about things.

Galwaydude, in fairness to Delly it was suggested 4 or 5 times last night that the thread be moved to feedback! Delly is the mod on the forum and just carried that out. So long as there is a shadow topic in the forum people can follow it here, and lets face it if they really do want Pete back they'll come out of their comfort zone in DIY and post here too ;)

Deb

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Delly there you go again! Throwing you weight around the place!

You need help getting those toys back in the pram?

Now what happened to not treating people like children?? lol

And besides.. it's no longer a pram it's a state of the art 3 in 1 travel system these days;)

ya with digital readouts and all! also at 22 im no longer a child but maybe your only about 2yourself with childish comments like that! Mods all over here on their high horses!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

galwaydude
    cop yourself on.
    This thread is in the exact forum it's supposed to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Oh stop it for gods sake.

Seeing as this is in the Feedback forum now I'd like people to stay on topic please.

who took it off topic? not me! Yes any thread should stay on topic and not go off the point of the thread! Ber im not going to pick any bones with you as you helped me out in the past before!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Right, back on topic, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

You know, on some forums you can be banned for cheek. Boards is really quite tolerant, unless you advertise, spam, bully or threaten legal action, which threatens the existence of this site.

Why on earth does anyone have to 'prove' to you that roofer pete threatened legal action? You're not an admin or a smod, and frankly, it's not any of our business.

Do you really think Gordon has a vendetta against roofer pete and decided to ban him for no good reason? Why would he do that? Where's the motive?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

Hey guys,

Said this before but not one of the mds seems interested they are more concerned about slagging off people throwing toys out of prams.

Got no probs in fairness galwaydude with this ending up over here if that is the rules, any chance of having the original thread stickied on the DIY forum so those over there can follow whats going on over here or are stickies for personel projects only :).

An open invitation to all the mods that are circling the wagons at the moment, could we have a new mod on the DIY forum who would take a slightly less invasive style. Ithink it would be fair even polite if the reason for an active mod on the forum could be explained as there are quite a few people asking about it.

If Peter went to legal action well then fair enough I have said this before though I would love to hear his story have alwasy found Peter fairly level headed, Deb maybe you could sort that out for us.

So Mods take a deep breath quit this slagging off and talk about my ball and you aint playing and if possible could you please answer some of thge questions with answers other than its aprivate board we dont have to tell you anything.

By the way could you outline for me, who doesnt know much about boards other than the DIY forum, how I exactly take this to the Admins/Owners of boards.

Thanks
    Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Did rooferpete wish legal action on somebody, if yes, legal action by who and against what party, or actually threaten legal action against boards. Was this all carried out by PM. It just seems confusing that Friday afternoon he was back replying to topics, and then he subsequently sent a PM threatening legal action in relation to a topic that had disappeared days earlier. He wouldn't have had a case anyway as it wasn't him been defrauded, if in fact anybody was been defrauded.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

he should be unbanned and explain his actions.

AFAIK he can explain them ad nauseum in the Prison forum (where banned members can post).

EddieJ, I'm up to my eyes at the moment, but I will of course ask later if he could post an explaination elsewhere. If nothing else it could let these threads die :)

Deb

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

eddiej wrote:
    An open invitation to all the mods that are circling the wagons at the moment, could we have a new mod on the DIY forum who would take a slightly less invasive style.

No, that will not happen.

So Mods take a deep breath quit this slagging off and talk about my ball and you aint playing and if possible could you please answer some of thge questions with answers other than its aprivate board we dont have to tell you anything.

but you're not getting it.
    this is a privately owned site and we don't have to answer to you with regards to Modding decisions.

how I exactly take this to the Admins/Owners of boards.

You have brought it as far as it's going. The Admins have already commented in some of the threads on this already.
    They will not entertain anything more that you have to say on the matter.

• Advertisement

Never said you had to answer just asked if you would you know that thing called politenes and manners. Think enough said probably be banned but hope the cats are ok remember there is a world outside where real people talk and actually interact discuss things and listen to others not just the wizards and warlocks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

eddiej wrote:
    Ithink it would be fair even polite if the reason for an active mod on the forum could be explained as there are quite a few people asking about it.
    I'd say that the whole situation itself, along with the several threads that have followed have pretty much shown that having an active mod in there is definitely a good idea.
    eddiej wrote:
    Never said you had to answer just asked if you would you know that thing called politenes and manners. Think enough said probably be banned but hope the cats are ok remember there is a world outside where real people talk and actually interact discuss things and listen to others not just the wizards and warlocks
    indenial.jpg
    Had to be done tbh.

eddiej wrote:
    Said this before but not one of the mds seems interested they are more concerned about slagging off people throwing toys out of prams.

First up Mods are normal people in this forum. I have just as much chance of getting banned in this forum as you do. The mod of the forum, Smods for that area and the Admins having the final ruling.

If you didn't want people commenting on this stupidity then you should of used Helpdesk or PM the admins directly. There is no "circling wagons", just mods reconise another "omg! wheres my freedom of speech" type threads.

Second I was having a go because Delly did the right thing moving the thread here yet we get the usual "Set my people free!" comment in doing his job.

The DIY forum is not the place to be bitching about forums or moderators rulings. Deal with it.

Thirdly. I only read about 2/3 of the goings on this incident in the moderators forum (found it mostly boring tbh) however what I did read Delly is doing his job, attacks on him are unwarrented and the bans are justified.

Lastly.. No one poster makes a forum. If they do then it is probably not a great forum and you would be better off hanging out on that persons blog or thier personal website/forum they set up themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Most users never even notice mods untill they step out of line. They are like your crazy aunt in the press under the stairs...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've just spent a shagging hour reading this thread to see what went on over the weekend. Apart from the bitching & sniping - I'm really none the wiser. Waste of an hour that I could have spent digging out in Gardening/DIY & Food/Drink.

This has been flogged to death. Sad to see Pete banned (hope to see him on the sis's forum), but the Mods & Admins have the overall welfare of Boards to consider.

What's done is done. Let's put this to poor ba$tard of a thread out of its misery & move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well have glanced over this.

The initially banning was justified. That forum would have been dragged down if that personal spat went on unabaited.

The site ban was also justified, he did threaten to sue the site and best practice in this case would be to extract the person threatening to sue us from making further use of the service. Granted it may have been done in the heat of the moment but it was said.

Going forward if rooferpete wants back he really needs to talk to one of the admins or smods (Gordon maybe as he is familar with the situation).

The users of the forum need to give Delly a chance, rather than jump up and down help him out. It could be worse you could have me as mod :D

Hill Billy,

I agree the whole Pete being banned thing was probably the correct decision if he did threaten legal action have said that about a million times the reason I think this has continued has been the attitude of the mods which is quite honestly crap.

Eddie

well no evidence of rooferpete threating anything still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gandalf wrote:
    It could be worse you could have me as mod :D

Or me. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

well no evidence of rooferpete threating anything still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were told about it in the 2 page discussion on this situation in the mod forum. I believe it was in a PM sent to delly.

The Mods share information and advice on that forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement