Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubanning Rooferpete

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

HERES YOUR PROOF!!!!

pete6wb.jpg

Look he has a hammer! Thats a lethal weapon, it not like he uses it to repair roofs or anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

galwaydude18 no one here is under any burden to prove anything to you what so ever.
    Now if you really want to see the pm then you have to ask the site admins to show it to you and if they don't want to then they won't because they are under no compulsion to do so.
    Now if you wanted to place them under a burden of proof then you will need to do that legally and opps that is taking legal action against boards.ie which will get you banned in the interm while the matter is resolved and prolly for
    good for being an idiot as the Admins own the site and they can decide they don't want you posting on it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

tba wrote:
    HERES YOUR PROOF!!!!

pete6wb.jpg

Look he has a hammer! Thats a lethal weapon, it not like he uses it to repair roofs or anything!
    OMG, thats classic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Bloody hell! See even the mods are now not being serious and taking the piss out of this whole situation! What sort of decent mod does this?!

That image is also extremely offensive to rooferpete!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Bloody hell! See even the mods are now not being serious and taking the piss out of this whole situation! What sort of decent mod does this?!

Well we are trying to move on from the situation and I honestly found the image of evil boards funny, it would have been even funnier if had been evil delly.

• Advertisement

Well I didn't have any source images to base my composition on so I had to use artistic licence. Im sure he is taller than boards in real life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Perhaps he was going to nail the boards with that hammer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

tba wrote:
    Im sure he is taller than boards in real life...

careful now.

and why not. it was a farce to begin with.
    you take yourself far too seriously.

you are either rooferpete, or you are his legal spokesperson to come out with that.
    personally, i think its humourous.
    perhaps rooferpete may think its funny as well. i dont know the chap, so i couldnt tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That'd make a good cartoon.

no I'm no ones legal spokesperson! I was giving my opinion on the image and think the comment that followed was uncalled for!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Gordon wrote:
    If that's the way you see this then I really think that you haven't been reading everything.

rooferPete was sitebanned for threatening legal action on this website. To be honest, I think I'm actually trying to protect the public that frequent boards. Call me crazy, but that's the way I see it.
    Not trying to lick up or anything but I think you're right for banning him because if he had stayed and carried out legal action we would be in a very very sticky situation right now. Boards.ie is a great resource to me and to everyone on this forum, theres no need to take chances on one user. Keep up the good work Gordon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Jakkass wrote:
    Not trying to lick up or anything but I think you're right for banning him because if he had stayed and carried out legal action we would be in a very very sticky situation right now. Boards.ie is a great resource to me and to everyone on this forum, theres no need to take chances on one user. Keep up the good work Gordon.
    Agreed, and only two more to go before Gordan takes the lead in the league of bastards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Right Lads, I've talked to Pete about this whole thing. I've filled him in on the happenings here and he has no interest in making a statement or posting in the Prison forum(which btw he didn't know existed!). I've even asked him to post a response on IWOL, but when pushed on the subject he resorted to those good old sayings he frequently uses lol I believe the thought for the day was "You can hide your valuables from a thief, You can run or defend yourself from a murderer, But Liars can get you hung" Whatever that means!

He just said that he sent 3PMs not 1 containing certain information to the mod, he didn't receive any replies, and next time he went to log in he discovered he was banned.

So lads.. give it up.. there's no point witchhunting the mods! He said to thank those who support him. But the full story it seems, will never be revealed because he won't be back either way :(

Deb

what did he think of my picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

netwhizkid wrote:
    Perhaps he was going to nail the boards with that hammer. :D

A hammer is useless against the evil black all consuming cloud. That was rooferpete's fatal mistake.

LOL TBA luckily enough he didn't view the forum;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

if you're going to go around shouting the odds and threatening legal action you should be banned tbh.
    At least wait for the solicitors letter to come first :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Queue the "Free RooferPete" signatures.
    A hammer is useless against the evil black all consuming cloud. That was rooferpete's fatal mistake.

It could be a magic hammer.

here simon, youre good with the old photieshop.

do up a 'this weeks storm in a tea cup' card will ya?

or a 'this week, i shall mostly be complaining about....'
    card :)

• Advertisement

It may not be a hammer at all! It could even be a hammer shaped hoover that could suck up the cloud! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

A hammer made of radioactive pieces of the old quake forums.

:D Now you're just being silly! lol

well I think at the end of this saga it goes to show how much support there is out there for both kadman and rooferpete!

I even got banned today from the diy fourm for airing my views on the situation. I used the word idiot towards a mod after getting personally abused no end by them! There is no justice there for that! Anyhow wwm has said he will unban me in a few days! I cant see why he cant do that now tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Debracd wrote:
    Right Lads, I've talked to Pete about this whole thing. I've filled him in on the happenings here and he has no interest in making a statement or posting in the Prison forum(which btw he didn't know existed!). I've even asked him to post a response on IWOL, but when pushed on the subject he resorted to those good old sayings he frequently uses lol I believe the thought for the day was "You can hide your valuables from a thief, You can run or defend yourself from a murderer, But Liars can get you hung" Whatever that means!

He just said that he sent 3PMs not 1 containing certain information to the mod, he didn't receive any replies, and next time he went to log in he discovered he was banned.

So lads.. give it up.. there's no point witchhunting the mods! He said to thank those who support him. But the full story it seems, will never be revealed because he won't be back either way :(

Deb

A terrible loss to the Gardening DIY section. It was his information that got me out of a good few problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I even got banned today from the diy fourm for airing my views on the situation. I used the word idiot towards a mod after getting personally abused no end by them! There is no justice there for that! Anyhow wwm has said he will unban me in a few days! I cant see why he cant do that now tho!
    How is calling someone an idiot airing your views? And yes a mod abused you, but was banned aswell, how is there no justice in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

well I think at the end of this saga it goes to show how much support there is out there for both kadman and rooferpete!

Both you and Thaed were banned for personal abuse towards each other.

Tbh, i reckon Thaed was just expressing what alot of people are thinking.

and i shall scweam and scweam and scweam until my face turns blue!

oh the inhumanity of it all.

perhaps you should post on PI about how desolate your life is and how awful i am.

thead may give you some useful advice?
    :)

I didn't say calling someone an idiot was airing my views! I was on about my opinions and views over the last few days! What is justified about banning me for using the word idiot and everyday word used here in Ireland?!!

• Advertisement

wwm did I say you were awful? No not once! And my life is not desolate! Maybe you are on about your on life!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement