Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubanning Rooferpete

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I didn't say calling someone an idiot was airing my views! I was on about my opinions and views over the last few days! What is justified about banning me for using the word idiot and everyday word used here in Ireland?!!
    A lot of things Thaed said were everyday words...

[edit] and the only thing you were banned for was calling her an idiot, not for expressing your opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

the topic is about ubanning not unbanning, I think this means that rooferpete should get an uberbanning lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

yes they were everyday words! Anyhow this thread is no pointless, gone off topic and should now be closed as rooferpete is never ever ever going to return!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

THREAD SUMMARY: So many exclamation marks, so little cop-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

So sue us.

Oh wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

yes they were everyday words! Anyhow this thread is no pointless, gone off topic and should now be closed as rooferpete is never ever ever going to return!
    You've been trolling us all this time haven't you? Well done, you fooled me!

ya and get a site wide ban! Ya good idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Boo Frickin Hoo.

Really I wish you had a balloon galwaydude18 just so I could burst it on you.

Advice Wwm
    hmmmm I'd say invest in a good spade they are so multifunctional,
    you can stove someones head in with it, use the edge of it to dismemeber the body at the joints
    and then use it to carefully lift the sod and dig thier grave.
    Every gardening enthusiast should have one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

galwaydude18, your good at giving the orders regarding threads, I reckon you should become a MOD*

*may not be true

no I have not been trolling anyone! I was trying to stand up for someone who now is refusing to ever come back here!

• Advertisement

well delly if you want me to be a mod then how can I refuse?!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

RuggieBear wrote:
    Tbh, i reckon Thaed was just expressing what alot of people are thinking.

Well it wasn't what I was thinking, and I'd start to worry if a lot of people were thinking like that. Whatever about Galwaydude continuously making the same point, Thaed's outburst was not just a personal insult, it was absolutely disgusting. I think calling her an idiot was a fairly controlled response.
    Debracd wrote:
    Right Lads, I've talked to Pete about this whole thing. I've filled him in on the happenings here and he has no interest in making a statement or posting in the Prison forum(which btw he didn't know existed!). I've even asked him to post a response on IWOL, but when pushed on the subject he resorted to those good old sayings he frequently uses lol I believe the thought for the day was "You can hide your valuables from a thief, You can run or defend yourself from a murderer, But Liars can get you hung" Whatever that means!

He just said that he sent 3PMs not 1 containing certain information to the mod, he didn't receive any replies, and next time he went to log in he discovered he was banned.

So lads.. give it up.. there's no point witchhunting the mods! He said to thank those who support him. But the full story it seems, will never be revealed because he won't be back either way

Deb

I don't know what way to read that. It sort of seems like a denial but as Debracd said, we'll never know. It is a shame though, his expertise will be badly missed on the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

I even got banned today from the diy fourm for airing my views on the situation. I used the word idiot towards a mod after getting personally abused no end by them! There is no justice there for that! Anyhow wwm has said he will unban me in a few days! I cant see why he cant do that now tho!
    Because you obviously haven't learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Ahh lads lock this thread.. It's like the never ending stoooooooryyyyy la la laaaa la la laaaaaaa ;)

The topic is now pointless IMO and whatever happens there's no point insulting eachother for the hell of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

no I have not been trolling anyone! I was trying to stand up for someone who now is refusing to ever come back here!
    PLEASE TO BE CEASING WITH THE EXCLAMATION MARKS, KTHX.

Your posts in this thread have contained 65 so far, excluding your signature. When combined with Debra's lols, it's getting to be boards.iol in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Carb wrote:
    Thaed's outburst was not just a personal insult, it was absolutely disgusting.

Why thank you, nice to know I have not lost my touch, been such a long time.

the reason he was banned was because he was posing a threat to boards.ie, why should the mods take a risk on one member.
    and to galwaydude18 if you know he's not going to be back whats the point in bitching on this thread?

im not bitching now! I give since his position has been cleared up with his sister!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Make the hurting stop!

So the guy got banned. Big deal. Why exactly should exceptions be made for one poster simply because he knows a lot about roofing?

HOMGZ teh boardz will collapse wit out 'im!!?!?!?!"£(*(*!T^£%!R!$£"!!oneeleventy

He threatened legal action against boards.ie. Why is that so hard for you guys to grasp? This will not be ignored simply because he made a good contribution to the forum.

You guys complain about inconsistency in Delly's modding, yet you want the admins (ya know, the people who own this place and allow you to post here) to be inconsistent because they guy has provided some information? Get a grip.

Fact of the matter is you now have an active moderator, something you didn't have before, and you don't like it. You all claim to adult enough to moderate yourselves yet your "star poster" gets in a strop and threatens legal action....yea....very mature.

Delly is the mod and Delly is doing a very good job considering the reaction you lot have given him. You keep saying how the forum shouldn't be censored since its public yet you are treating it like a local forum for local people. You do not own it simply because you post there. It is not your own private little club where only people you approve of can be involved.

Delly has been chosen to mod it, and has already been pointed out, Delly will continue to mod it until he or the admins decide otherwise.

Suck it up kids.

Make the hurting stop!

So the guy got banned. Big deal. Why exactly should exceptions be made for one poster simply because he knows a lot about roofing?

HOMGZ teh boardz will collapse wit out 'im!!?!?!?!"£(*(*!T^£%!R!$£"!!oneeleventy

He threatened legal action against boards.ie. Why is that so hard for you guys to grasp? This will not be ignored simply because he made a good contribution to the forum.

You guys complain about inconsistency in Delly's modding, yet you want the admins (ya know, the people who own this place and allow you to post here) to be inconsistent because they guy has provided some information? Get a grip.

Fact of the matter is you now have an active moderator, something you didn't have before, and you don't like it. You all claim to adult enough to moderate yourselves yet your "star poster" gets in a strop and threatens legal action....yea....very mature.

Delly is the mod and Delly is doing a very good job considering the reaction you lot have given him. You keep saying how the forum shouldn't be censored since its public yet you are treating it like a local forum for local people. You do not own it simply because you post there. It is not your own private little club where only people you approve of can be involved.

Delly has been chosen to mod it, and has already been pointed out, Delly will continue to mod it until he or the admins decide otherwise.

Suck it up kids.

I second that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

See even the mods are now not being serious and taking the piss out of this whole situation! What sort of decent mod does this?!

You're not grasping the "x is only a moderator of their own forum, a normal user on every other forum" concept it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Was somebody banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Hobart wrote:
    Was somebody banned?

no!

nothing to see here.

move along.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

rooferPete was a good contributor, both on forum and elsewhere. I posted a question last January that he answered personally via e-mail, which I thought was very kind of him.

I don't know the full ins and outs of this situation but I hate when it comes down to legal threats. boards.ie, while a company, is a also resource that won't benefit from such action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Our loss is roofing's gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

our roof is gaining loss

You'd wanna get that checked out WWM.. I know a good roofer! ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You're ma?

Edit: your ma (hate that)

Well ya could try me Da! Me Ma is more into Gardening:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

good stuff!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement