Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubanning Rooferpete

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Debracd wrote:
    Well ya could try me Da! Me Ma is more into Gardening:D

She has a lovely bush alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Oohh bit of a Wayne Rooney are ya *Shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Jakkass wrote:
    the reason he was banned was because he was posing a threat to boards.ie, why should the mods take a risk on one member.
    and to galwaydude18 if you know he's not going to be back whats the point in bitching on this thread?
    In all fairness, you really think he'd precede with legal action and actually have a case?

He's banned, he's not coming back as he doesn't want to and the mods don't want him to. Seems like a happy ending to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

that could be it or he could be stealthily registering another account

Jakkass wrote:
    that could be it or he could be stealthily registering another account

Not his style Jakkass, if he says he's gone then he's gone end of story.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I liked Rooferpete's contribution to the forum but like a few before him he might need to realise that being a senior poster in a forum doesnt entitle you to use it as you're own private soapbox.

If he wants to register a yahoo blog or something he can rant on that all he likes, but everyone and I mean EVERY SINGLE USER HERE has to consider that what they say not only reflects on them but can reflect on us too. I am not here to provide a platform for peoples actionable rants.

Secondly this IS a private forum, and its our choice to stand over or remove content. Normally we dont but we can and will.

Finally, Rooferpete didnt threaten me with legal action. Which is just as well for him! If he can communicate with me that he understands the position WE find ourselves, agree to take no action or threaten boards again and restrain his rants to a web space HE owns, I've no problem with him returning. He was a good contributor to that forum, but that and 2 euro will get you a coffee if you start threatening the whole structure.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ps: This thread isnt about Gardening, so it doesnt belong in the Gardening forum. How hard is that to get? If it had been started in the feedback forum, you would have gotten my decision on the first page or two.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

It's only €1.50 in Bewleys, Blanchardstown. You want to stop drinking that American sh1te in Starbucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You'd be lucky to get a coffee for €2 in Starbucks ;)

There's a Bewley's in Blachardstown?

Hi DeVore, I'll pass that info onto Pete.

Deb

• Advertisement

Thanks!

DeV.

ps: thats the second legal action threat arising out of the Gardening forum this week.... wtf is it with you guys, spending too long in the sun making garden sheds or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

DeVore wrote:
    I've no problem with him returning.

But.. But... all those Free roofer pete logos I did! For nothing! *sob*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

DeVore wrote:
    Thanks!

DeV.

ps: thats the second legal action threat arising out of the Gardening forum this week.... wtf is it with you guys, spending too long in the sun making garden sheds or something?

That would be the carpenters DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

sjones wrote:
    That would be the carpenters DeV.
    BAN!

Well I can't imagine he'll be banned for giving out about carpenters if he can comment on my mothers 'bush' and get away with it:rolleyes:

Deb

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Now that our epic tale comes to an end.. lets finish up on some gathering cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Heh very good, love the second one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

you should wiki that, boardsie history :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

foxtrot oscar.

lol

Ohhhh:eek: I'm staight tellin' on you!:D

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

RuggieBear wrote:
    foxtrot oscar.
    Every time I see that (and I've seen quite a bit of it during this saga) I wonder why people are talking about me.

I think I've got phonetic dyslexia. :(

Well it wouldn't sound too bad if it was aimed at you.. so long as you're a good dancer;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

DeVore wrote:
    Thanks!

DeV.

Glad to see you have a sense of humour Dev . Pity it doesn,t rub off on the mods...am I allowed to say that here:rolleyes:

Two legal actions , is that all.

You never know , some one might go for the hat trick;)

kadman

Now was the football referral really necessary?? I'm all footballed out here.. can't get near the TV!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Make the hurting stop!

So the guy got banned. Big deal. Why exactly should exceptions be made for one poster simply because he knows a lot about roofing?

HOMGZ teh boardz will collapse wit out 'im!!?!?!?!"£(*(*!T^£%!R!$£"!!oneeleventy

He threatened legal action against boards.ie. Why is that so hard for you guys to grasp? This will not be ignored simply because he made a good contribution to the forum.

You guys complain about inconsistency in Delly's modding, yet you want the admins (ya know, the people who own this place and allow you to post here) to be inconsistent because they guy has provided some information? Get a grip.

Fact of the matter is you now have an active moderator, something you didn't have before, and you don't like it. You all claim to adult enough to moderate yourselves yet your "star poster" gets in a strop and threatens legal action....yea....very mature.

Delly is the mod and Delly is doing a very good job considering the reaction you lot have given him. You keep saying how the forum shouldn't be censored since its public yet you are treating it like a local forum for local people. You do not own it simply because you post there. It is not your own private little club where only people you approve of can be involved.

Delly has been chosen to mod it, and has already been pointed out, Delly will continue to mod it until he or the admins decide otherwise.

Suck it up kids.
    That pretty much includes everything I might want to say if I wanted to say anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I read through this entire thread..

what a waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

kadman wrote:
    Glad to see you have a sense of humour Dev . Pity it doesn,t rub off on the mods...am I allowed to say that here:rolleyes:

Ah now here that is so not true, really getting banned like that has had me laughing and smiling all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Has he made any move to carry through his threat?
    The ban was justified but I think the mods should consider if a poster is just being rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Not really though. IMO anyone who threatens to sue boards shows no respect for the system, is attempting to throw a bit of legal weight around because they can, instead of politely asking for something and explaining why the want it done. and as such, forfeit ANY right they have to use boards. so, meh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Just before anyone else Posts one
    1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement