Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubanning Rooferpete

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Free rooferpete, just send large SAE and 8 tokens from Kellog's Cornflakes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Thaedydal wrote:
    Ah now here that is so not true, really getting banned like that has had me laughing and smiling all day.

Why have I been banned.:confused:

I suppose I have as well. Seems any thread I post on gets locked.

Same thing as banning, Will this get locked now then;)

kadman

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Did you not call someone an idiot? = personal abuse (against charter me thinks)

I'll have to stop reading these threads, this is getting pretty old.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Is this where I post to get my free rooferpete?

It's good to see that the Fight The Power movement is still displaying it's remarkable lack of intelligence.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Hobbes wrote:
    Now that our epic tale comes to an end.. lets finish up on some gathering cards.
    I'll be keeping these very close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

kadman wrote:
    Why have I been banned.:confused:

I suppose I have as well. Seems any thread I post on gets locked.

Same thing as banning, Will this get locked now then;)

kadman

only if theres a couple of power hungry internet nerd mod types around...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

amp wrote:
    Is this where I post to get my free rooferpete?

It's good to see that the Fight The Power movement is still displaying it's remarkable lack of intelligence.

NO! NOE! NO!!!!!11eleven

dont you know that if you say the same thing over and over and over again then it becomes true.

try it...

theres no place like home
    theres no place like home
    theres no place, like home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Sweet Aradia preserve us. This has to be the stupidest Free [Insert Moron Here] thread ever.

Posts on this thread 219 (at this, after which I'm locking it).

Posts from Roofer Pete in Prison: 0

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

With friends like these...

Funnily enough, Rooferpete and I have been in touch. He's explained his side of the story and to be fair, didnt gloss it to make himself look like the victim (much).

We're going to continue the dialogue and I'm going to find common ground and a reasonable solution. The mods were right in what they did on the face of it and Pete has to agree to a few house rules (which to be fair, his first mail to me has made clear he really does understand).

From my point of view (and with a calm head) this looks like:
    1. Poster gets on high horse about something he is genuinely passionate about.
    2. Thread descends and mod locks it.
    3. Poster handles that badly and reopens new thread with some nasty comments about a nasty practise in his industry. Highly actionable too.
    4. Mod locks it, calls for backup because he's new and wasnt expecting this level of trouble in the otherwise usually peaceful forum.
    5. Heavies arrive and clean up ala Leon in Nikita. This is good, we need this and I agree with them banning him at this point.
    6. Poster, already passionate about subject loses it and makes silly threat of legal action. Smods site ban automatically.

Now, usually this is the end of it because USUALLY the poster isnt the kind we want back anyway. But in this case he appears to have been an otherwise positive member of the community. So I'll go the extra mile, which I am.

Now, there are some preconditions on any return. Firstly the mods and Smods have to be sure that there is a new understanding about the rules.
    Secondly any threat of legal action or future legal action has to be rescinded, I dont think this will be a problem, Pete strikes me as a reasonable bloke who just lost the rag with the wrong target.

Of course, and here's where the rest of you are a problem. With all this "us and them" sh*t going on here you make it almost impossible for me to negotiate a settlement. And I mean that on all sides and most posters here.
    Now any decision or reconciliation I make looks like I'm "siding" with one side or the other. Am I overuling the SMods by talking to Pete? Am I backing the mods if I reinstate him? And by wanging on about it and making a huge issue re: mod abuse etc, Pete's supporters have made this AN AWFUL LOT HARDER FOR ME.

Nevertheless I will try to find a fair middle-line for all, if thats not possible then its not possible.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement