Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Is Extreme...ly ridiculous!

• 25-06-2006 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

from nodq.com

Posted by Aaron Rift on 06/25/2006 at 03:02 PM

Slade Bracey sent this in:

After Van Dam heads to the back, the crowd begins to file out of the building, with quite a few people knocking over chairs and grumbling about the show. Roughly 2 minutes into filing out the building, all hell breaks loose near the entrance way as a group of about 10 people get into a wild fistfight. And do you know why they got into a fistfight ? Because a few of them had started a small John Cena cheer during Heyman's speech. And to top it off, someone recklessly throws a chair into the scuffle and ends up hitting someone that was just trying to get away from the whole situation. Security eventually breaks it all up and scatters the instigators outside. And what do you know? One of the geniuses picks ANOTHER fight right outside the building with a completely different person because of the same pro-Cena sentiment. As I said before, ECW fans are great because they're passionate about the product, but at the same time - they can also be some of the outright dumbest pieces of garbage around.

Say this aloud to yourself, "There was fistfight because one guy said he liked John Cena."

Sounds even dumber than when I type it

Wow...Also, Apparently the Crowd TORE into Heyman....HEYMAN fer'chrissakes!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Now i'm not a big Cena fan. In fact I don't think I've hated a wrestler with such a passion since the rock (when the rock was a face that is) but thats no excuse to start on people at events. Those fans sound like absolute scumbags but remember, they don't represent all ECW fans. They are just a small minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cookie dough 61

I don't think anyone can be sure due to (probably) none of us being there, but according to the PWS site, the fight was started by some guy wearing a swastika thingy... apparently he was looking for a fight all night....
    A fight started just cos of a pro-Cena chant!?!? I'd like to think thats not true...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The guy was obviously out for a fight anyway. There's arseholes in all walks of life

The crowd started booing Heyman when he said that ECW will be having a tv taping in a different arena to the old ECW arena. They obviously wanted it to be there, which is fair enough I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Hmm ive given up on ecw after the 2nd episode why well lets see

week 1

A) Kelly strips (in no way shape or form a bad thing)

B) vampire outside building

c) Zombie inside building that gets whacked by sandman

Week 2

A) Kelly strips

B) Vampire outside building

C) A fat macho mexican man impersonater inside building gets whacked by sandman

Sigh the premise to bring back ECW was so promising but Vince has ****ted all over it and its ended up a poor mans version of what it was

Kill it kill it now and forget about it

Wanty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ But look at the huge improvement between week 1 and 2. It has been reported even Vince saw how absolutely atrcious week 1 was, and week 2 looked like Heyman had a tad more control. lets not disregard it altogether just yet.

But one thing for its survival is essential - it needs to be done in its own arena, not as a recording before Smackdown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

thought it was done live after Smackdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Mossy Monk wrote:
    thought it was done live after Smackdown

Think it was supposed to be, but after seeing the crowd at one night stand, sci fi wanted a bit more control, less chance of all that swearing going out over the air waves.

(at least for the first one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

you see these are the people that just dont accept wrestling isnt real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

read an autobiography written by any wrestler over the age of 35 and you will read stories about fights outside the bingo halls and wrestlers having to be snuck out of the building because of the heat they were getting.
    this isn't by any means a new thing.
    some wrestling fans are just as bad as soccer hooligans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ i see your point, BUT have you ever seen Bubba Dudleys promo at Heatwave 99, where he totally tears into a woman at ringside (verbally), then 'called out' another fan behind her. He said some very nasty things, and when booze is involved, a situation like I have mentioned could easily escalate.

Now i realsie that for someone to try it on with a wrestler outisde is both stupid, and a mark, but it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

abou this whole new ECW thingy, I'm pretty sure that all the RAW involvment at the minute is to transfer a lot of the WWe fanbase over to ECW. those who have never watched it before. Hopefully after a few more wweks, there'll be no more of this WWe involvment.

Hopefully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

im not a cena fan at all but **** that fistfight is taking it a bit too far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

abou this whole new ECW thingy, I'm pretty sure that all the RAW involvment at the minute is to transfer a lot of the WWe fanbase over to ECW. those who have never watched it before. Hopefully after a few more wweks, there'll be no more of this WWe involvment.

Hopefully...

Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case. PWInsider report that:
    Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn made it clear to everyone, including Paul Heyman, at TV on Tuesday that he isn't happy with the direction of ECW and it will become even more of a WWE style project, with the boss at the helm of creative. It will now be even more of Vince's vision of ECW. Any hope of Heyman's vision of ECW is out the window at this point. There are a lot of people that work on all three brands that are not happy about this since the hope was that if ECW were allowed to be different, it may have carried over to the other brands and provided a spark to them.

Vince McMahon = Stubborn arsehole

I thought the first 3 weeks was Vince's vision of ECW anyway? Certainly wasn't Heyman's

I had been hoping that if ECW was good, I could stop watchin Raw, cos it's been gettin so bad recently, and watch ECW instead. If they haven't picked up things by the end of the summer I think I'll just give them a miss. Won't have time to watch everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

LMAO:D :D

Anyone else find this story funny?? Cena is a gimp who should just **** off... he's makes me ashamed to be a wrestling fan...

Actually, and I really hate to say it, but I'm finding him a lot more entertaining as of late! There's not that hatred of him holdin the title anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 I_Need_a_Life

my respect for him grew a whole lot after ONS II, the way he kept on throwing the shirt back, AND, doing the five knuckle shuffle and you cant see me taunt in THAT atmosphere...i found it entertaining anyway

Then he beat sabu with "The Lamest F'N Submission Ever" TM, Still, hes more entertaining to watch then last summer!

Advertisement