Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The mayor's delayed speech at the airshow...

Options
  • 25-06-2006 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

OK OK, we all know that the 'real' mayor wasnt giving a speech because he was boycotting the whole thing but...

I spotted the mayor's car (obviously with the deputy mayor in it) driving past down the prom earlier with a space saver (spare wheel for you nerds) on it today while sitting on the prom.

Just after I heard on the mega phone things... "We apologise for the deputy mayor's delay, he's stuck in traffic"... about half the prom *sighed* with the sheer lies as it was blatently obvious he got a flat tyre on the way.

Can't these feckers be honest for once?

I for one LOL'ed at the whole situation

</ pointless+drunken thread>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

JohnCleary wrote:
    I for one LOL'ed at the whole situation

You werent the only one thats for sure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The guards probably blew the tyre off the car thinking it was a balloon which had to to be exploded. I hear the exploded balloon count was 100 , some belonging to children FFS .

The élite Garda balloon bursting squad will be at a kids party in Tuam tomorrow where they will assidously burst balloons and tackle all anti social behaviour at source , naturally :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭sgthighway

JohnCleary wrote:
    I spotted the mayor's car (obviously with the deputy mayor in it) driving past down the prom earlier with a space saver (spare wheel for you nerds) on it today while sitting on the prom.
    I wasn't there but I thought the Deputy Mayor was turning his nose up at this event too. Maybe it was the Deputy Deputy Mayor ? LOL

I watched from Ballyloughanne and I saw the new Mayor; Niall Ó Brolchain there with his family. His young lad had a Kite. He left when a Big Helicopter (i think it was a Merlin) flew over our heads.

I don't know if they would have done any harm but I think the Guards were right to burst the balloons.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I guess I was lucky they didn't try and burst my head considering how sunburnt I got.

Advertisement